Male veiled color question...

Coley

I have a 8 month old male veiled chameleon. He's the first chameleon that I have had. I have had him since he was about 3 months old (ages are based on what the reptile store told me when I purchased him). Anyways, the past few months I have been trying to do some research about chameleons and color change (which I know is going to be different with every chameleon) and haven't come up with much. I am becoming more and more familiar with my chameleon and his colors and what they mean but I have some questions. First off, I am curious if veiled chameleons have juvenile colors and adult colors. Also (and I guess this is a similar question, if not, the same question phrased differently), as they age do they go through phases of color... or develop more colors? I guess I am just looking to hear about other peoples experiences with their chameleons (especially experiences with chameleons as they age). Pictures would be nice, but any advice/comments are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I have a male veiled.
they dont have juvi colors and adult colors so much as the colors they have get bolder and newer patterns will set in.
veiled coloring is fairly the same from male to male. yellow bars, green dots, green body.

they will simply develop brighter more defined colors as they age.

if you search for threadsthat i started from my name, then you cansee the age progression of my male.

Back
Top Bottom