Male veiled chameleon thing with nail or claw hanging out of his butt

Potterx88

a couple days ago i for some reason looked over at my chameleon and he was pooping.... while he was pooping this claw like thing popped out of his butt.. it looked like he had one on each side... i was looking around on here and figured it was a sperm plug and pulled on it a little and the nail or claw came off... he seems to be fine.. his behavior and eating habits haven't changed and he still poops.. i just wanna get it out cuz it looks nasty..

His penis could have come out and not gone back in I forget what it is called called when this happens. I would suggest a vet visit.

It must have been a sperm plug or dried poop. If not then the cham would be showing major stress at best or dead at worse. I am going on the sperm plug option. You can't just pull parts off a cham without hurting it. A sperm plug is not part of the cham but a prolapse, which is what you described to the op is very much part of the cham. I hope all of this makes sense, if not please ask and I will try to wake up and answer again.

well like i said im pretty sure i saw two these things whatever they are one on each side of him and the one just popped out when he was pooping

No expert but have looked at other picstures and that looks like a prolapse to me.. prob not what you wanna hear but i feel that is what it is. Someone else will chime in for 100% accuracy

If it is a prolapse as i feel this is what you're in for.

***that is an OLD QUOTE*** below is just an old quote on how to go about a prolapse i'm just supplying it for you as what to expect*****

Sorry but yes that is a prolapse. Since you don't want to stay up all night, try to get some ky jelly - not petroleum jelly like vaseline. You need to keep it moist. The best think is very, very cold water, about 2 cup & about 1/2 cup sugar mixed well. If you keep pouring it over the prolapse it helps to shrink it. The cham will not like this, but it will help. After you use the sugat water to shrink it then put the ky jelly on until you can get to the vet. Try to get into the vet ASAP. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Just a heads up NEVER pull anything out of your chams backside. You're probably looking at a very ASAP Vet trip if it is indeed a prolapse as i feel.

as said before i'm sure someone will be along shortly to further assist you and check the pictures.

prolapse

yeah that does not look like a claw. you should have put cham has hemroids and we would have figured it out lol. a claw is small that thing is huge. sorry hope the cham turns out ok. I did have shell from superworms stuck to my chams butt once thats why i said shell. what are you feeding?

Please forget everything I have said on this thread. You don't pull that off him did you? That would not just "pull off". In my opinion that is a prolapse and he needs a vet as fast as you can get him there. Where do you live? Maybe someone here can recommend a good vet. Please let me know how he is doing.

Back
Top Bottom