Male Parsons Not eating, drinking and lethargic

CritterKing

Hello everyone, I need your thoughts, advice, counsel on a health issue I have with my male Orange Eye (Robin). He was born in April 2014 and he has grown up to a nice active male. He was my first Parsons, I now have 3. I have experience with other Calumma species like globifer and o’shaugnessy but not with Parsons. Last November he started to slow down, not being that active and his food intake dropped. In December he went in to his winter period rest. Just like my other Calumma’s (mostly globifer) he was not active for days/weeks, sometimes just a drink once or twice a week and that was it. So I thought that all was OK. Last week I’ve started to heat up the room with 2-3 degrees Celsius and everyone starts to wake up and start their normal routines and the food intake is going up and up and up (just like every year) But not with the Orange Eye male. Yesterday I got him out of his enclosure and noticed the he was almost lethargic, and had deep sunken eyes. So I immediately started giving him water with a low glucose solution by a syringe in his mouth. He drank almost 5 cc before he stopped. After 10 minutes he start to vomit and spew out all the water. This morning the same. He lost a lot of weight and does not look very well. I of course contacted my vet, who is an experience chameleon breeder himself and drove over immediately. He took a stool sample (directly from the colon) and that came back negative no parasites, flagellates and worms. So he draw some blood from the tail and has been send to the hospital. Results will be back tomorrow or on Wednesday. But wat can I do in the meantime? I am very worried. He thinks it may be a kidney or liver problem. But in my experience that mostly happens by over feeding/dusting vitamins and minerals for a long period and develops problems in chameleons. My animals are only given pure calcium carbonate by dusting food items once a week and all nutrition comes from gut loading my prey items. Some thought please! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom