Male or Female? That is the question...

MarieMc44

Howdy! I'm a noobie ambilobe panther chameleon mommy and this is my new baby, Spike. I'm not sure what the sex is but there's no prejudice here... Just thought I'd share. I love Spike to death already! Spike already eats crickets from my hand and even crawls on it when I just present it in the cage. Sorry, just gushing... Anyway... Any insight as to the sex would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Attachments

• Spike01.jpg
    Spike01.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 152
  • Spike02.jpg
    Spike02.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Spike03.jpg
    Spike03.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 146
I believe you can tell by the back feet. If there is a tarsal spur then it's a male, if not it's a female.

It looks Female, but it is hard to tell from the pictures. Can you take one of the side profile of the hind quarters with the tail out straight?

Its a male. The pictures aren't good to show the hemipenal bulge but the blue bars coming through on his side kinda give it away ;)

Not looking to hijack the thread but it is directly on point

We were told Gizmo was a male, blue barred ambilobe. Gizzy is now about 1 yr and has a nice color and at times has some black bars and spots but has not shown any other colors. Here are some pics - Is Gizzy a girl ?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 134
so... im not going to lie... when i see a panther, and some one wants to know... i test myself...
if i think its a male, then its always a female....
if i think its a female, then its always a male....

to me, it always looks like there is a penile bulge on the females, on the males, its always absent... :)) lol...
guess ive never had a panther.

Not looking to hijack the thread but it is directly on point

We were told Gizmo was a male, blue barred ambilobe. Gizzy is now about 1 yr and has a nice color and at times has some black bars and spots but has not shown any other colors. Here are some pics - Is Gizzy a girl ?

Thanks

You have a male. I am not sure what locale he is though, as he really does not have any color which is very strange.

Back
Top Bottom