MALE or FEMALE panther? help

morhart

hey guys. my friend just stopped over with his new panther. except he doesn't know what the sex is. its apparently 3-4 months old. i only have one pic tho :( probably doenst help. another friend said its a female because under its chin is pink/red and males have blue under? anyways ill try to get more pics. but this is all i can run off by now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 166
well your friend is wrong about the chin thing cause males have red under their chins too! A picture of the tail/vent(where they poop) area would be nice. That is the way to sex them when they are young. Coloring is tricky at that age. From what I can see I wanna say male but would like to see some side views of the tail.

more pics to help out

i have no idea? i see a bulge sometimes then not? .....

Attachments

• image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 147
  • image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 105
  • image-3.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 102
  • image-4.jpg
    image-4.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 89
  • image-5.jpg
    image-5.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 93
hey guys. my friend just stopped over with his new panther. except he doesn't know what the sex is. its apparently 3-4 months old. i only have one pic tho :( probably doenst help. another friend said its a female because under its chin is pink/red and males have blue under? anyways ill try to get more pics. but this is all i can run off by now
Is that chameleon in a convenience store?!:eek:
:p
i have no idea? i see a bulge sometimes then not? .....

While the pics are hard to make out(small), I say male.;) Maybe 3.5-4 months.

as for the first pic I'm not sure where he was, the others i took tonight. obviously not good enough lol. all it does is climb around and is super fast, hard to get a good shot at it. ill keep trying. thanks

as for the first pic I'm not sure where he was, the others i took tonight. obviously not good enough lol. all it does is climb around and is super fast, hard to get a good shot at it. ill keep trying. thanks

Lol, it can be tough getting the right "angle" on that part. I find walking vertical up a thin branch gives the best view;)

Off topic, that first pic, with the chameleon looking backwards....totally contest worthy! I'd rotate it, but even without it, it's great.

I say male too. The tail doesnt have the indent while straight out indicating a female.

Maybe its a pet store..... in the first pic;)

I was thinking male. Cuz my female was brown and beige. Never had any green like this one shows. I even seen blue specs on its back. Thanks all. I'll try to get better pics tomo

I say male too. The tail doesnt have the indent while straight out indicating a female.

Maybe its a pet store..... in the first pic;)

I think your right. At first glance it just looked like bags of chips and trailmix in the background, and made me laugh.:)

some more pics

my camera obviously sucks. but here are some more pics, hope these are better

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 118
  • photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 104
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 71
  • photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 82
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 73
hey everybody this is my cham, my friend Morhart has been awesome trying to help me figure this all out. i appreciate all of the help and input.

I'll try getting some more pictures

Hey so I'll try getting some more pictures of my Cham. The other day it was fairly pink and beige, but at time has a lot of green around the neck, and some continuing down the rest of the body and legs. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom