making sure i am doing ok...

Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon, he's been here about a week
* Handling - once every three or two days
* Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
* Supplements - rep cal is the brand of powders i use for calcium and vitamin. i five him about 7-10 in the morning, than 7-10 around 5 when i get home.
* Watering - I misted twice a day, i also have a double filtered waterfall that the vet approved, she never has never saw one with the filter system set up like ours but hey when you have two engineers and graphic artist to make it pretty why not use them? Leonard mainly uses the leaves but i have seen him drink from the waterfall but that is more rare.
* Fecal Description - his poop is normal, has never been tested for parasites
* History - for three days i gave him calcium with d3 because the pet store said said he needed it. but found out other wise and got it fixed and now he gets calcium without d3 daily.

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - screen 24x24x36
* Lighting - zoomed dual heating and lighting. and a spot light
* Temperature - 85 degrees. 65 at night. with a temp gauge.
* Humidity - 47 humidity levels. by a humidor and misting. a gauge.
* Plants -Dracaena deremensis
* Placement - in my room not near any high traffic, room stays constant for him..... i deal with the heat for him, its love.
* Location - Lee's summit, mo. usa

to see him or his set up go to http://www.youtube.com/user/civilla all the videos are about him. i know hes kinda's my life.

Current Problem - None just making sure i am doing okay as a newbie

Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon, he's been here about a weekhow old is the cham?
* Handling - once every three or two days
* Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
* Supplements - rep cal is the brand of powders i use for calcium and vitamin. i five him about 7-10 in the morning, than 7-10 around 5 when i get home. which repcals? is he eatting till he stops or are you governing this?
* Watering - I misted twice a day, i also have a double filtered waterfall that the vet approved, she never has never saw one with the filter system set up like ours but hey when you have two engineers and graphic artist to make it pretty why not use them? Leonard mainly uses the leaves but i have seen him drink from the waterfall but that is more rare. if your chameleons is young i dont think waterfalls are a safe cage accessory. chameleons are clumsy and at a young age spook easily and can fall into standing water (if it is deep enough) and drown. the next thing about a water fall is with the same filtration sytem. would you drink from it? no home filtration system ive ever seen will be able to clean the water of contaminates (urine and feces). it is inevitable your cham will use the restroom over it. now i will go back and say this. if you clean this out daily, sterilize properly and you have a net over the standing pool of water (could be a waterless feature?). they are ok.
* Fecal Description - his poop is normal, has never been tested for parasites Color of the urates?
* History - for three days i gave him calcium with d3 because the pet store said said he needed it. but found out other wise and got it fixed and now he gets calcium without d3 daily.

Cage Info:

* Lighting - zoomed dual heating and lighting. and a spot lightType of bulbs?
* Placement - in my room not near any high traffic, room stays constant for him..... i deal with the heat for him, its love.

to see him or his set up go to http://www.youtube.com/user/civilla all the videos are about him. i know hes kinda's my life.

Current Problem - None just making sure i am doing okay as a newbie

Congrats on your new chameleon!

Last edited:
i was just about to post someone will probably say to take out the waterfall and ask what kind of bulbs you have - you pretty much have to have the reptisun 5.0 tube style light.

but yeah, congrats! how you liking it so far?

Probably dont need to feed as much before lights out. They'll Digest better throughout the day usually.

People worry to much about waterfalls. I think they're just a pain and dont look good unless in terrariums , but to each their own. Never once seen any harm. I seen some people s cages look filthier than any waterfall I ever owned.

he is 3 months old, and i do have the reptisun 5.0 tube style light. and the waterfall is not deep enough for him to fall, like i said what good is having two engineers and a graphic designer if i don't use them? :)

youre still going to hear about the bacteria. from everything ive read on this forum... no one really hears the end of having a waterfall.

is your username spelled wrong? just curious. it confused me. haha.

but yet again the vet says its fine to have the waterfall

Has the vet kept many Chameleons? - I ask because on here a waterfall is a very controversial decoration, no matter how many engineers have worked on it. 10 years ago, with my first Chameleon, I had a waterfall.........the Chameleon never fell in but insects did. The Chameleon also regularly went to the toilet in the waterfall. I really don't think your filtration system is likely to be able to take what a healthy Cham can throw at it without at least a daily hand cleaning.
It's a choice you make, but if you get lazy about cleaning then you will very quickly have a sickening bacterial soup inside your Chameleons home. If he drinks from it, don't be surprised if he gets sick..........
But just to finish the story, I got lucky, and was just got so tired of constantly cleaning an annoying fiddly waterfall which just looked worse with every passing day. I removed the waterfall, and I really recommend you do the same, or at least try to keep it sterile and make sure you keep a really close eye on it...........

Has the vet kept many Chameleons? - I ask because on here a waterfall is a very controversial decoration, no matter how many engineers have worked on it. 10 years ago, with my first Chameleon, I had a waterfall.........the Chameleon never fell in but insects did. The Chameleon also regularly went to the toilet in the waterfall. I really don't think your filtration system is likely to be able to take what a healthy Cham can throw at it without at least a daily hand cleaning.
It's a choice you make, but if you get lazy about cleaning then you will very quickly have a sickening bacterial soup inside your Chameleons home. If he drinks from it, don't be surprised if he gets sick..........
But just to finish the story, I got lucky, and was just got so tired of constantly cleaning an annoying fiddly waterfall which just looked worse with every passing day. I removed the waterfall, and I really recommend you do the same, or at least try to keep it sterile and make sure you keep a really close eye on it...........

WOW... :D hahah Your waterfall will be fine. If you get lazy your cage becomes a bacterial soup regardless.

Hi
you missed answering one of the more important questions! :)

Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon, he's been here about a week
how old? what gendre?
* Handling - once every three or two days less is better
* Supplements - rep cal is the brand of powders i use for calcium and vitamin. i five him about 7-10 in the morning, than 7-10 around 5 when i get home. what does "I five him" mean? what schedule do you use with the supplements?
* Watering - I misted twice a day, i also have a double filtered waterfall that the vet approved, she never has never saw one with the filter system set up like ours but hey when you have two engineers and graphic artist to make it pretty why not use them? Leonard mainly uses the leaves but i have seen him drink from the waterfall but that is more rare.
Get rid of the waterfall. Use a dripper and spray mist instead.
* Fecal Description - his poop is normal, has never been tested for parasites
what about the vitamin supplement? How often are you using the D3 now? You may not need calcium every day, depending on what feeders you are using and what you gutload with.
Cage Info:
* Lighting - zoomed dual heating and lighting. and a spot light
What is the UVB output of this bulb? Why also a spot light?
type of guage?

Back
Top Bottom