Major issue Help please :(

jaredg87

Ok so the Value 1/4 inch Pump fitting on my mist king broke><
This is a link to the Broken item http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o754/jaredg87/IMG_0538.jpg
I found the replacement at mistkings website
http://www.mistking.com/Value-1-4-inch-Pump-Fitting.html

My issue is I need the item asap cause i'm not home often to do the misting myself.
I emailed mistkings about it and no reply. I called fl chams since it was purchased through them, they told me to get a hold of mist kings since it was there item.........
The item says it has a two year warranty so I assume I can get this piece replaced if I can get a hold of them.
The item is a measly 2.49 cents which is nothing. I HAVE to spend at least 10$ to place an order so I add some extra nonsense to the cart making it 10.37.
They wanna charge me 24$ on a standard shipping for an item that weighs 0.01 pounds.
101$ for 3 day shipping and 161$ for next day shipping.
I'm floored! 161! I really need this piece for the health of my chams and they are gouging me for just shipping and I cant even get a hold of anyone to see if my warranty will cover it.
I don't even know where to begin looking or ordering that item from.
They don't reply to my email and don't answer my phone calls :(
SUPER STRESSED

Would you be able to glue it with some acrylic cement/epoxy? I know it sounds ghetto but it may do the trick till you can get a new piece shipped. Since it's coming from Canada shipping will be out of this world. It took about a week to get my order from MK the last time I bought something from them.

Tomorrows Sunday, so i'm not sure if you'll be able to get ahold of anyone till Monday.

Have you tried AquaZamp? Their fittings may be the same and they're made in the good ol' USA.

Always worth a shot giving them a call aswell.

www.AquaZamp.com

I would attempted some glue but it needs to be strong cause the pressure is insane. I attempting turning the pump on with the strength of my hand holding it together and it shot water all over my face ><

Ill try that other company to see what they have to say. I'm very upset that I can't get anyone on the phone.

i can't see paying 35$ for a 2.50$ piece of plastic that should be under warranty.

You are doing it all wrong. Marty at mist king is a forum sponsor. Send him a private message on the forum and explain. I believe he has a us location it can be shipped from. You could also call and leave a message.

You are doing it all wrong. Marty at mist king is a forum sponsor. Send him a private message on the forum and explain. I believe he has a us location it can be shipped from. You could also call and leave a message.

Thank you so much! I'm in a panic trying to get this piece asap

Yeah it's ridiculous...I paid $27 bucks for shipping.

Then again, Canadians pay allot for shipping from stuff coming out of the US haha.

I'm not 100% confident, but you should be ok without misting for up to 4-5 days. I know some people didn't have electricity or anything for a few days and their chams did fine.

Just hand spray as much as you can, lower your temps in your cage and wait for your shipment. Epoxy would be a pain to take off and could possibly damage your mistking pump...

Oh, and take Lauries advice :)

i'm not worried about my female too much shes healthy and pretty big its my Male kinyongia i'm worried about I just got him on halloween day he is just a baby like half the size of my pinky eating fruit flies><

I tried the misting depot since it's here in Texas where I am but I cant find the item in their listings.
I messaged Marty about the item hopefully I hear back from him soon.
I'm gonna check home depot and lowes tomorrow for a short fix till I can get the piece in ><

I just want this awesome life changing piece of equipment fixed lol

Life with it is just so much better :p when i'm at work I have zero stress about there water/ humidity :p

I just want this awesome life changing piece of equipment fixed lol

Life with it is just so much better :p when i'm at work I have zero stress about there water/ humidity :p

I feel ya! I love my mist king. It makes life with chameleons so much easier.

Well you're not going to get anything before Tuesday regardless since nothing can even ship until Monday. As long as you give a good long misting before work and then one when you get home your chams should be fine. I had to do that with pygmy hatchlings and they all did great. So your little one should be just fine. :)

Well you're not going to get anything before Tuesday regardless since nothing can even ship until Monday. As long as you give a good long misting before work and then one when you get home your chams should be fine. I had to do that with pygmy hatchlings and they all did great. So your little one should be just fine. :)

That's what i've been doing. It's a relief to know he will be fine with the heavy mistings till I get this part in.
Mist King down! ><

fixed it! Got the pieces from home depot I got the 1/4 pump fitting and some seal tape and it worked like a charm! Thanks everyone for the help :D

you can get that at any home depot:

3/8" NPT male X 1/4" push to connect fitting.

take the broken part/a screen shot with you (print or on your phone)

should be about 3 bucks

Back
Top Bottom