Maintaning Humidity

Maninblack

I'm having trouble maintaining humidity for my screen terrarium I have set up for a Vield Chameleon. I have nearly everything ready for it, the only issue is keeping the humidity up. Can the reptifogger help with the maintaining while I'm working for 6 to 8 hours. I do spray the cage heavily before leaving and I have two live pothos plants and mossy substrate to help.

you can use just about anything. I prefer 1/8 inch plastic. others use shower curtains, or plastic cardboard from any Home Depot

fogger

You could also build your own fogger using a cool mist humidifier from Walgreens or Bed Bath and Beyond. Just use one with the largest reservoir you can find so you don't have to fill so often. There are Youtube videos for examples which is what I did.

I have all of my cages wrapped with either a shower curtain or plastic painters sheets from the hardware store. Also keep in mind that the humidity does not need to be, nor do you want it to be, high at all times. It should rise and spike high right after you mist and/or turn the fogger on. You then want it to slowly decrease over the next few hours (as your cage dries out) and then spike again after the next misting.

Keeping the humidity high at all times can actually cause some serious health issues for veiled and panther chameleons, just as not letting the cage dry completely can. They can handle a wide range of humidity, so, IMO, try to ensure that it goes up after misting and takes a little time to come back down and leave it at that. You will drive yourself crazy chasing humidity constantly if you have absolute numbers that you are trying to achieve.

I use window film from home depot. The type with dbl sided tape and clear shrink film. Use on both side and the back.

I have all of my cages wrapped with either a shower curtain or plastic painters sheets from the hardware store. Also keep in mind that the humidity does not need to be, nor do you want it to be, high at all times. It should rise and spike high right after you mist and/or turn the fogger on. You then want it to slowly decrease over the next few hours (as your cage dries out) and then spike again after the next misting.

Keeping the humidity high at all times can actually cause some serious health issues for veiled and panther chameleons, just as not letting the cage dry completely can. They can handle a wide range of humidity, so, IMO, try to ensure that it goes up after misting and takes a little time to come back down and leave it at that. You will drive yourself crazy chasing humidity constantly if you have absolute numbers that you are trying to achieve.
Well I normally work for 6 to 9 hours a day. I'm mostly concern on keep the humidity up between that.

Yes it also helps with keeping the spray in the cage. It will get water spots over time but easily torn off and redone.

Well I normally work for 6 to 9 hours a day. I'm mostly concern on keep the humidity up between that.

If you don't already have one, get an automatic misting system like Mistking or Aquazamp. It seems pretty expensive at first, but it is a must if you are gone to work all day.

b172648e38ac38851772fc3b49d2aeab.jpg

I wanna say I picked this up at Wal-Mart. So try there or your local Home Depot or Lowe's.

Back
Top Bottom