Madagascar Gecko Shipment Pictures

Why do you guys still import so many wild animals that you already have?
How many of those will survive? And arent there alot of bloodlines and generations of those crested geckos anyway?

You are kidding right? Crested geckos are not from Madagascar There is not one crested gecko in the bunch. :p:D

If you are not kidding maybe its time to brush up on some gecko species. :rolleyes:

I was wondering the same thing. I think they meant leaf tails, not cresteds.

Why are so many of the commonly available geckos bred in captive populations, still being imported?

Hopefully they were from spots in Maddy that were threatened by deforestation, and the animals had no hope of surviving anyway ;)

What kinda Brookesia came in?

:confused: Um, which of the Uroplatus are commonly available as captive bred?

They got all 4 species of the Brookesia.

If someone knows something we don't please share. I promise if I can buy CBB I would be more than happy to never buy another import.

Actually, there are a couple of people that are actively breeding and producing u. sikorae and u. henkeli (and a few u. fimbriatus) but they keep themselves under the radar. Those of us that have been working with uroplatus for a while now have been/are working hard at producing CBB to aleviate the need for imports. I don't like getting imports either, but sometimes it is necessary.

same.

i just started working with my U. sikorae and would like to breed them, eventually i will need more, it was very hard to find CB species..

i checked on the gecko forums, and the prices were pretty beefy.

LLL had some captive males and they are doing terrific. 22grams.. he's mated with my female.. but she has laid 4 eggs, each time without enough calcium to solidify.

working hard to fix that though

Sang,

If you've witnessed them mating, then start supplementing with more calcium. I just had this discussion with Chad as a matter of fact. We dust Calcium w/D3 almost daily for our U. lineatus and they've never produced infertile eggs. Our henkeli had produced a few duds and absorbed a clutch of three that we could see bulging out of her sides but never made it out. Since supplementing with calcium the same female has produced four good eggs in 2 months. Right back on schedule. :)

Good luck!

Luis

Yes, I also supplement with Calcium w/D3 for all my uros at every feeding. Keep in mind that these guys are tricky. Sometimes you will get some duds and sometimes they can just re-absorb the eggs, even if you are doing everything right. Ah, the joys of breeding uros. :rolleyes:

Here are the geckos that we kept...

Satanic
DSC08148.jpg

DSC08149.jpg

DSC08150.jpg

DSC08152.jpg

DSC08153.jpg

DSC08154.jpg

DSC08156.jpg

DSC08155.jpg

His name is Elmo
DSC08158.jpg

DSC08159.jpg

And a cork pair
DSC08160.jpg

DSC08161.jpg

DSC08162.jpg

I also got a few frogs (4).
DSC08165.jpg

DSC08168.jpg

Nice pics Chad! I will be posting some pics of mine in a bit (although my pics aren't as good - trying to do it one-handed).

Chad, you're killing me!!! :p

Now I have to clean up the drool off my keyboard. :rolleyes:

Terrific guys.

thanks for the tips /chams1/luevelvet

my female is a beefy 33grams, my male is 22 grams.

i will start doing d3 with every feeding. but its so hard cause i try to spray first then put food in,

they don't touch any of the silk worms i have tried to offer.

wish i could try more then just crickets... roaches hide in there cork bark to fast.

Last edited:
Got my phantasticus today! Thanks very much to the Tiki Crew for picking him out and to Ryan and Lisa for coming down to SD, hanging out, an excellent brunch, and for the home delivery. :) He's got some awesome orange markings worthy of some more photos once I see him settling in well.

100_1705a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom