Lucy whats wrong?

jackie stone

Lucy is eating fine but is wondering and wanting to come out of her cage everytime we pass her enclosure,normally she is shy and wont go near you ,here is a pic of her today
lucylocket.jpg

She could be receptive - Lily would wander all over and run out of her viv at every opportunity when she was receptive! She could also be gravid, but they usually stop eating for anything up to a week or more before laying. If she isn't gravid already, she will be working on an infertile clutch soon by the sound of it!

I have don't know but I would say she is ready to lay about any time. Does she have a laying bin? That is how my females act prior to laying, so get ready, even if the clutch is infertile it is way hard on your little girl. BTW what age is she?

she is 7 months and has had a laying bin in her enclosure since I got her so she is used to it as part of her furniture,she has not been with a male but wants to
come out of her cage at every opportunity,before she would come close to you but never climb on to your hand or anything,now she jumps staight out and out onto your arm.and looking very fat,how muchlonger will she act this way if she is going to lay eggs?

Back
Top Bottom