lower humidity levels with dehumidifier

@Beman Thank you! My humidity numbers are looking good for now.... but this is helpful and I think I still need a dehumidifier too. Old, poorly insulated condo life adds an extra challenge to chameleon husbandry, haha.
Yeah I understand what you mean. We had a heck of a time when we moved into the 2 story townhouse next door... My levels were fine until this move. After running the dehumidifier for a few days it now stays pretty steady at 40-43%. I have to dump the water 3 times per day. My levels in the cage are running 43-45%. So it is still a good 20% drop with using this product.

Slightly off topic, but where did you get those wavy branches? I would love to add a few to pips cage.
If you are talking about the pale colored ones those where from Michael's craft store in their floral dept. They have those in like 5 foot length and some in a 3 foot length. They were each a different kind of wood. They work well... I wish I would have sanded them slightly to create better grip surfaces... they get a bit slippery with water. Also where they cross they are discoloring from the water on the under side of the branch. I may do a total rework with branches from outside... I am not sure if the discolor is mold or what but it makes me nervous lol.

They larger dark ones are called wacky wood. The tag says for birds or reptiles. I have had no issues with these and they are his favorite when he is shedding to rub on.

Back
Top Bottom