lower humidity levels with dehumidifier

Beman

Social Media Manager
Staff member
I live on the coast of far Northern CA 1 hour away from the Oregon border where we get consistent humidity of 50% or more. In the new place we moved into I am having issues getting the enclosure daytime humidity lower then 62%. This is with reducing my misting sessions as well.

Does anyone else have this issue? Do you use a dehumidifier in the room? If so what kind do you use and do you think it will give me a 20% drop in humidity level? We are coming up on our 4 worst months and I need to get the humidity issue dialed in before hand.

Thank you! I know what a horrible issue to have too much humidity while most struggle to get more. You can have mine! :hilarious:

I live on the coast of far Northern CA 1 hour away from the Oregon border where we get consistent humidity of 50% or more. In the new place we moved into I am having issues getting the enclosure daytime humidity lower then 62%. This is with reducing my misting sessions as well.

Does anyone else have this issue? Do you use a dehumidifier in the room? If so what kind do you use and do you think it will give me a 20% drop in humidity level? We are coming up on our 4 worst months and I need to get the humidity issue dialed in before hand.

Thank you! I know what a horrible issue to have too much humidity while most struggle to get more. You can have mine! :hilarious:

I really really want this problem.

I am having a heck of an issue with it. I even screened the door panel of the clearside to see if more air flow would help. I have added a tiny computer exhaust fan blowing out on the top to try to pull the air up through hoping it would drop it a bit as well. I have now reduced my misting to 1 time at 5pm for 3 minutes. I am still not able to get it below 60% at best. This is with the house humidity level being at 55%. I was told that he really needed to be in a daytime range of 30-50% so the struggle is real over here. Once June hits we will get up to the 80% range.

So if anyone uses one of these I would love to get feedback on if it helped you out. How much it reduced the level in the room therefor the enclosure and what type you got.

I live in PA where humidity is almost always high. My humidity even reached 90ish percent when it rained in the cham room, so I added a dehumidifier. Got the room down to 50-60% could get it down more though, but i keep it at that.

I live in PA where humidity is almost always high. My humidity even reached 90ish percent when it rained in the cham room, so I added a dehumidifier. Got the room down to 50-60% could get it down more though, but i keep it at that.
Ohhhh which one did you buy and what is the square feet that it has worked for? I would like to get it down to 45% during the day.

Ohhhh which one did you buy and what is the square feet that it has worked for? I would like to get it down to 45% during the day.

You could easily get it down to that with a dehumidifier. I have an old one my parents had extra. Not sure what it covers. Right now it's in a pretty small room, but handles the humidity with ease.

Trust me I see the humor in this when most everyone struggles with having it. I am going nuts trying to correct it. I just said the dimming thermostat was my last big purchase... pretty sure I jinxed myself :cry:
I feel you, such an amazing but expensive hobby! I came home from vacation to over fifty tadpoles swimming around my frog tank. Ugh! I've spent all weekend and a bunch of money getting them set up. I was not prepared for this!

You could easily get it down to that with a dehumidifier. I have an old one my parents had extra. Not sure what it covers. Right now it's in a pretty small room, but handles the humidity with ease.
Ok cool I found one that was 120 on amazon and it even has the ability to keep it at the set level you input. Which would be good if I have to travel for work.

I feel you, such an amazing but expensive hobby! I came home from vacation to over fifty tadpoles swimming around my frog tank. Ugh! I've spent all weekend and a bunch of money getting them set up. I was not prepared for this!
Awwww I love tadpoles sooooo cool to watch them grow! What kind of frog?

Awwww I love tadpoles sooooo cool to watch them grow! What kind of frog?
They're super cute and tiny, I just didn't have supplies. More money, sigh. They're fire bellied toads, I love them!

Attachments

• 3B0E6894-5D9E-47D3-9279-2E6052896AB9.jpeg
    3B0E6894-5D9E-47D3-9279-2E6052896AB9.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 02FC359D-A481-4BBE-BBD4-B0806E5CAAF7.jpeg
    02FC359D-A481-4BBE-BBD4-B0806E5CAAF7.jpeg
    380.1 KB · Views: 124
  • A2B200A1-0F6B-428A-BB5D-50385D2E05EE.jpeg
    A2B200A1-0F6B-428A-BB5D-50385D2E05EE.jpeg
    341.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 0BBABB2C-90EC-4D34-91AF-3F5F3F783E21.jpeg
    0BBABB2C-90EC-4D34-91AF-3F5F3F783E21.jpeg