Low-light Flowering Plants

Lizardlover

I've been trying several different plant species with my chams lately and these are probably my new favorites.

The first one is a Caper tree and it puts off very wispy pinkish flowers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337967283.333224.jpg

This second one is some hibiscus species, but I can't remember the name for the life of me. You can see some flowers in the picture.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337967398.313630.jpg

I've noticed some benefits of the flowering plants, (aside from the obvious aesthetics) when feeding flies they tend to land on the flowers and eat the nectar which is an added bonus to the chameleon, as well as the occasional pollen that will get dusted on a cricket that walks through a flower.

very nice flowers , love your setups :D ,im thinking to get more flowering flowers but i need do to more research !

I haven't done much research on the Caper tree, but the hibiscus variety is safe. I'll have to find out the name of it next time I go to the nursery.

I haven't done much research on the Caper tree, but the hibiscus variety is safe. I'll have to find out the name of it next time I go to the nursery.

When you figure out the name of it please pm it to me cause I love it ;) as well as the other tree :)

Danny I love the caper tree. I have never seen one but it sure looks neat. How big is your mellers in with it.?

Do you have any info on the care of the caper tree please :) and I have read that lavender is OK to. Has anyone here ever tried lavender in their cham vivs?

Laurie, I haven't measured him in a while but he's in a 2x2x4 so you can kind of gauge his size by that. It's a pretty sturdy tree because it supports him and his big belly! :)

Littleliz, they seem pretty tolerant. I don't think they really have specific care needs as long as you keep them in a cham-type environment I'm sure it would do fine. I haven't done anything special to mine and it's been in there for 2 months now, and has begun to flower.

Oh brilliant! I am not the most green fingered person so that sounds perfect to me. Well done on it flowering as well!

You can also use Florida Ground Orchids for added aesthetics. With the right light and water they will shoot up some nifty dark red flowers.

The deremensis is growing like a weed! Looks good buddy. :)

Cheers,

Luis

I just bought an direct Sun light plant/tree for my chams outside cage and it was called: Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis...I think! It flowers as well...its all called a "Breaded Hibiscus", its about 4 feet tall now and will grow to be 10 to 15 feet tall....it will be my chams outside ranging tree... If you guys want I can post pics later of it tonight:)

Back
Top Bottom