Lous bloodwork is in

Hillary anne

Established Member
I am waiting on an email of Lou’s bloodwork but it came with good and bad news, from what all I could gather with the information given to me over the phone. A lot was talked about, and a lot of spaces ended up blank because let’s face it, I’m an okayish listener and seem to find myself either two steps behind or ahead of myself. Yay ADD!

What I grasped in this moment is

His phosphorus levels were 2x higher than they need to be, his calcium being low. From the radiograph it was difficult to see if is depositing into his organs. But- his liver levels are a bit higher than average and his kidneys too. He couldn’t call if it was renal failure but believes it to be onsetting and fluids would be the next step along with loading him with calcium (just brought him in for a calcium shot). He is looking to see if he can find the fluids to get in. His lethargy he thinks is from calcium deficiency/nutritional. I wasn’t guy loading his feeders until 2 months ago, I was dusting his crickets almost every feeding with calcium +d3. I have trashed all supplements but calcium for now and am taking him out daily for sun bathing while the sun is still out Andy the weather is still warm. Lou’s focus is spot on, while his clumsiness and him being slower now to move is improving little by little but not where it should be. When he falls over he will either stay there in a weird position until I assist or he will roll himself back up.

His feet are probably busted up most likely from his hospital bin and an almost constant dampness. I am installing his mistking in his main enclosure and creating a mesh safe fall for him. Trimming some crepe myrtles today to add more places for him to stretch and reach to and am putting him back in his main enclosure this weekend.

I am taking him off pain meds as his kidneys shouldn’t have that in his system while I work on his humidity and hydration. Past three urates have been white and full. He is eating crickets like crazy even though he just came back from the vet.

I am feeling hopeful and serious as I have been this entire past month and a half now with fighting daily to get him on the mend. I will post his blood results as soon as I get them for some feedback and for sharings sake.

Yay Lou! Hope he feels better soon. Might be worth checking out flukers bendable vines. They are cheap on amazon and i like them - theyre squishy and varying texture. I use them in the free range as i change that around a lot... they can ge rwmoved and washed with hot soapy water. Only downside is that they’re foam and overtime hornworms and such can chip off the brown finish (showing yellow underneath). For a temp solution though - $10 will get you 2-3 varying sizes.

I dont know anything about crepe mrytle branches (other than they are pretty), but generally everyone around here recommends letting the wood dry out internally before placing it in the enclosure. I assume to cut down on sap and liquid the trees release to heal their cuts.

Yay Lou! Hope he feels better soon. Might be worth checking out flukers bendable vines. They are cheap on amazon and i like them - theyre squishy and varying texture. I use them in the free range as i change that around a lot... they can ge rwmoved and washed with hot soapy water. Only downside is that they’re foam and overtime hornworms and such can chip off the brown finish (showing yellow underneath). For a temp solution though - $10 will get you 2-3 varying sizes.

I dont know anything about crepe mrytle branches (other than they are pretty), but generally everyone around here recommends letting the wood dry out internally before placing it in the enclosure. I assume to cut down on sap and liquid the trees release to heal their cuts.
I have a few of the fluckers and they’re in his enclosure, the crepe myrtles work great! I have a huge on in the cage right now, and a huge tree outside my house so for a temporary fit I’m going to trim a couple and ziptie better pathways for him. He needs to get out the hospital bin ASAP as his temperatures in there are hard to regulate along with the dampness. For the first time today he is actually hiding in the foliage I have in there. He is shedding after hydrotherapy via shallow baths. Am chilling on that today and tomorrow except for faucet hydrotherapy until I get him in his main cage. His feet are a friggin mess with damp paper towels he’s been living with the last month, even with multiple changings a day.

I have a few of the fluckers and they’re in his enclosure, the crepe myrtles work great! I have a huge on in the cage right now, and a huge tree outside my house so for a temporary fit I’m going to trim a couple and ziptie better pathways for him. He needs to get out the hospital bin ASAP as his temperatures in there are hard to regulate along with the dampness. For the first time today he is actually hiding in the foliage I have in there. He is shedding after hydrotherapy via shallow baths. Am chilling on that today and tomorrow except for faucet hydrotherapy until I get him in his main cage. His feet are a friggin mess with damp paper towels he’s been living with the last month, even with multiple changings a day.

Will totally dry it out a few days. Hence clipping tonight. Gunna look like a crazy woman scoping out the best branch in my yard...potentially the neighbors

Ugh idk really now. There was a ton of info shared over phone call and I wish I had written things down.

Maybe they can send you his charts / report so you have it in writing. The risk there is they dont want you tontry to interpret and self diagnosis based on his file, but if you explain you were a little overwhelmed and missed some details they may send you a copy or a summary.

@snitz427 sent me some yuuuge silkworms and Lou gulped up five of them. He is FAT right now and cozy, holy shit I’ve never seen him go crazy for food like this asides the hornworms. Didn’t even budge with the fortaz shot tonight. He’s sleeping cozy. Called the vet office for a summary and his results and am waiting for an email. Tomorrow is create a hammock handicapped environment and get him the hell out of this hospital bin. His major foot wound now has enough skin growing on it and is healing enough that it’s not busting open when I alllw him to climb while monitored. My boyfriend is coming over and I’m making him help me with my mistking because I’m nervous to fuck it up. Mostly just need help with the ressivore and timer.

I am anxious to see if he gets better with being in the branches and not on the ground all the time. He definitely shows a lot of interest in his main home.

He hasn’t eaten this much in forever. He is a balloon right now.

Back
Top Bottom