Lord help us!

Arpretty

Avid Member
Was just at my local pet store to purchase some crickets/superworms/hornworms (bought one that cocooned- hooray!) and ran into another lady getting crickets for her daughter’s chameleon. She said her daughter went away to college and by the sound of it, the daughter was ill-equipped as a cham keeper as well.

I engaged in conversation and quickly learned that she knew next to nothing about Cham care. I gave her as much advice as she would accept, and even offered to take him off heir hands. “What’s a gutload?”= face palm. Of course, she declined exchanging contact info. But I walked out feeling very sad about yet another creature suffering at the hands of naive humans.

It baffles me when I encounter someone who has an animal of some kind and never bothered to become properly educated about it. Is this what people do when they have kids too?!

Ugh!

I mean when I was moving I gave my mom months of training and care sheets beforehand and stopped by every day until I was finally able to bring him with me. I can't imagine someone would just get up and leave their pet behind.

I mean when I was moving I gave my mom months of training and care sheets beforehand and stopped by every day until I was finally able to bring him with me. I can't imagine someone would just get up and leave their pet behind.

Agreed! I’m going on vacation and my boyfriend’s sister is taking care of our critters....I had her come over for a “training,” have a 2 pg care sheet and post-it’s everywhere just for 5 days! :D

Hi! Just read this forum and I don't know what gutload means...
Well I got my chameleon about a week ago and I thought I've been taking great care of it, he's experienced no health issues yet, but... what does gutload mean?
Oh no...

Gutloading is pretty much making sure that your feeders are taking in vitamins and calcium so that when your cham eats them your cham gets all the nutrients it needs.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! This is the best care sheet I've found since I started researching and I know exactly how to take care of him now! Seriously, thank you so much for that, it was so helpful.

Yay you’re welcome!!!!

Back
Top Bottom