Looking to upgrade

kangaroo

I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a fixture for holding multiple lights for the Medium size Reptibreeze cages or if it is better to use a two dome system. Currently we have two domes on top of the cage but were hoping to find a fixture to put both bulbs in.

No offense but i heard the repti breeze cages will rust after time. Why not get a 24" wide cage and buy 2 24" flourescent fixtures. that way you have 1 repti sun 5.0 tube and 1 plant light for your tree/hib. Then get a cheap clip on dome fixture for your incandescent basking light prob 60-75 watt bulb. Depends on type of cham and the temps in your house.

sounds like you have a compact uvb bulb. You will want to get a tube reptisun if you dont want your chameleon to have eye problems.

I would just like to point out that some of them are okay to use now. They aren't all super bad, but linear tubes are better.

Why take the chance? I'm freaked out when my cham starts rubbin an eye or something so I son't take any chances. Ive had a cham w eye issues it aint fun.

They rub their eyes to clean them sometimes... No need to freak out. :) Only certain brand are okay to use, like the reptiglo 5.0 coil bulbs made after january of 09.

We are currently using a compact Repti glo 5.0 UVB bulb and have heard that they weren't that bad anymore. Also we don't plan on getting a 24" cage anytime soon because our panther is still just a little thing, only about 3 months old. Thanks for the impute though, we are going to stick with the two dome system.

We are currently using a compact Repti glo 5.0 UVB bulb and have heard that they weren't that bad anymore. Also we don't plan on getting a 24" cage anytime soon because our panther is still just a little thing, only about 3 months old. Thanks for the impute though, we are going to stick with the two dome system.

If you don't know what to look for to determine of the light is bad or not, then it's bad. Sorry to say.

As others have said, why risk it?

Do your research before just going on "have heard they weren't that bad anymore".

my lighting

I will probably get shot down by at least one person but, I use the zilla all in one light fixture. I have 3, one for each cage and they all run on an easy to program timer which is built in. For water I just baught a mist king -cham care is pretty easy with this system.:rolleyes:

If you don't know what to look for to determine of the light is bad or not, then it's bad. Sorry to say.

As others have said, why risk it?

Do your research before just going on "have heard they weren't that bad anymore".

Who are you to suggest that I have not done proper research? Because of how I worded a sentence? From what I have read the Repti Glo compact bulb is made with phosphors that do not produce overly large amounts of abnormal UVB. This thread was not created to discuss what lights I chose to use or suggestions on what bulb would be better for my chameleon. It was asking about light fixtures. Using compact or linear bulbs is everyone’s own decision and I feel there is no reason to be rude because someone makes a different decision. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom