Looking pale and sad :(

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - Male panther chameleon, around 3 years
  • Handling - Not often, maybe once a week or once every two weeks, always on his choice.
  • Feeding - Around 12 Medium Crickets or 8 Dubias every other day, mixed with super worms, wax worms or hornworms sometimes. Waxworms being the "I'm a good thing" treat in the mornings. He gets 1-4 superworms a week and use them as snacks.
  • Supplements - Rep-Cal Calcium w/d3 twice a month, Reptivite twice a month and my daily calcium is Zoomed repti calcium.
  • Watering - Auto-mister + manual misting. I mist him before I go to work in the mornings and when I get home, between these times he has a auto-mister that goes off once every 4 hours for 60 seconds.
  • Fecal Description - I'm worried that hes constipated, I searched his cage for droppings and haven't seen one. I moved him into his new cage recently.
  • History - I moved him into his new cage recently, say around last month (3 weeks i think).

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - DIYCAGE 2x2x4
  • Lighting - Reptisun 5.0 UVB tube and a mix of zilla/exo-terra basking bulbs (one 60W and one 150w)
  • Temperature - Stays around 85-92 Basking and 68-72 ambient, using electric tempature gauges.
  • Humidity - Humidity, can vary between 55%-72%. I use a mix of sticky-humidity guages and a electric one.
  • Plants - 1 Pothos on his floor
  • Placement - It is by my back window, second story so theres not much action. The whole back of it is plexi-glassed in so he cannot get any drafts from it. The cage is on a 26" tall stand.
  • Location - Virginia, US

Current Problem - For the past 3 days hes had a rough shed and has recently turned a paler color lately. In my care (since Sept.) hes never turned pale or dark. Hes eating, appears to be drinking from his mister (Planning on giving him a shower time soon to be sure) but my biggest concern is that he has pooped yet as far as I can tell. Hes been getting sulky since his shed too.

Edit:

Added a "normal" color photo of him.

Attachments

• 555.jpg
    555.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 279
  • 66666.jpg
    66666.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 267
  • 77777.jpg
    77777.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 273
  • image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 271
What are you using to gutload your feeders?

Nothing in the form is throwing red flags as far as your husbandry. Cant hurt to take him for a vet check up with a good exotics vets if hes never been to one while in your care.

This is unrelated, but are those.....orange peels in there? And... why? Never seen that one before!!

Oh no real oranges. It’s orange-shaped feeding cups for birds. They happen to be great for holding various non-climbing feeders! Gives my guy an adventurous side.

At the moment I’m giving him a shower.he seems quite thirsty...
Worried now he’s not drinking from his mister.

Thinking I may add a few extra leaves around his sprayer to see if it catches water better. I gotta repair my hose for the 2nd nozzle and hope that helps.

I think its just the cold, have you taken him out recently for a prolonged period of time??? even if not like @Brodybreaux25 mentioned they tend to slow down due to the cold weather their metabolism will slow and they become a little lethargic like and well... slow

Hello can anyone tell me what is this dark spots my chameleon has? Thank you

Attachments

• 32FEA88D-AE0B-4092-A75F-2E9671DE8209.jpeg
    32FEA88D-AE0B-4092-A75F-2E9671DE8209.jpeg
    252.2 KB · Views: 220
Yeah I don’t take my guy out often unless it’s shower time. He hasn’t been eager to leave his new house like he was with his old one. Guess he likes it lol.

I just gave him crickets this morning and his color looks better plus he is in a hunting mood it seems.

Back
Top Bottom