Looking for feeders

JuniorC

Avid Member
I live in Arizona and usually buy my bugs from dubiaroaches.com but this time my bugs arrived all dead because of this heat we deal with(my thought atleast) so I'm looking for hornworms and large bsfl. If anyone know where else I could try getting both from

What part of AZ? I just picked up some Dubias from Predators Reptiles in Chandler (maybe Mesa) this weekend. It seems like they had all kinds of feeders in stock. I know they had BSFL and Dubias, I am not sure about Hornworms though.

What part of AZ? I just picked up some Dubias from Predators Reptiles in Chandler (maybe Mesa) this weekend. It seems like they had all kinds of feeders in stock. I know they had BSFL and Dubias, I am not sure about Hornworms though.
I live in Queen Creek, how much were the dubias?

It's hard when you live in an extreme climate area. I live in Texas. Josh's has always done right by me. I've gotten on a bi-monthly ordering system and time it so that I don't have too many orders coming during hot or cold periods. They will also tell you if they can ship your order or how much delay. They have a great arrive-live guarantee. Prices are comparable to other dealers and some are much cheaper. There are different kinds of shipping from overnight to 2-day almost free shipping. Talk/email them and they will help you out.

Just called and they have both bsfl and hornworms and super cheap also! Thanks

if you can come down to tucson, all pet shops have some......
Theres some guy in craiglist selling colonies of 300+
Well I was curious on the price cuz pet shops over charge on dubias around here. And I found a couple guys selling colonies for cheap out in Chandler and AJ but I'm trying to stay away from the whole colony and only purchase certain sizes they creep me out just thinking of having a tub with adults lol

I have ordered from Josh's Frogs and I have to second everyone's opinion. They're great and I have yet to have any doa insects!

Anyway you can send me the link to it. I'm seriously considering just getting a colony to take care of my feeder needs lol
You will be glad you did. My colony is already producing babies and I only set it up about a week ago. They are VERY easy, don't stink, don't make any noise, can't climb, and produce quickly. A small colony can save A LOT of money, fast.

You will be glad you did. My colony is already producing babies and I only set it up about a week ago. They are VERY easy, don't stink, don't make any noise, can't climb, and produce quickly. A small colony can save A LOT of money, fast.
Yeah I've been keeping them for a couple months but literally just smalls and mediums and run out and buy more. But they will produce quick enough to keep feeding one young chameleon? Like once they get going?

Yeah I've been keeping them for a couple months but literally just smalls and mediums and run out and buy more. But they will produce quick enough to keep feeding one young chameleon? Like once they get going?
Depends on how many breeding females you have. A healthy female will have up to 40+ babies every 30 days or so. I have 25 females, so could have up to 1000 babies a month. This should allow me to feed some, allow some to grow for an older cham, and others to reach breeding age to replace older/dying roaches.

Depends on how many breeding females you have. A healthy female will have up to 40+ babies every 30 days or so. I have 25 females, so could have up to 1000 babies a month. This should allow me to feed some, allow some to grow for an older cham, and others to reach breeding age to replace older/dying roaches.
And having all those and with this heat you they dont have a strong bad odor? And about how many males do you have for those 25 females?

Even with the heat and humidity in the bin, there is little/no odor. I have 9 males for my 25 females. I try to keep a 3:1, male to female ratio.

Back
Top Bottom