Looking for a species database........

Killjoy

I am starting a big project and it will take me a couple years. I am asking for anyone or evryone combined to put together a list of different species WITH pics so I can decide what direction I want to go. I'm trying to get better at identifying diffent species/genus. Please include male and female shots of the genus you are showing. Thanks for all the posts :)

If you want that kind of information you can find it on the net...just do some searches.

If you are expecting everyone on here to do all the "leg work" then will they be given credit for it when your project is done?

BTW..there's a data base right on this site.

Last edited:
Buy a couple good books and search online.

A complete and up-to-date species list can be found here:
http://www.chameleoninfo.com/Species_Profiles.html

Good books:
-"Chameleons: Nature's Hidden Jewels" 2nd Edition, by Petr Necas
-"Stump-tailed Chameleons: Miniature Dragons of the Rainforest" by Petr Necas & Wolfgang Schmidt
-"Chameleons of Southern Africa" by Krystal Tolley & Marius Burger
-"A Field Guide to the Reptiles of East Africa" by Stephen Spawls, Kim Howell, Robert Drewes & James Ashe

Chris

Hey chris thanks!!! That was all the help I was asking for. I have had a tough time finding something that has them all together. So thanks for the source and suggestions. And kinyoga, I have done alot of research on my own. I was simply trying to make sure that I have not missed any paticular species. If you don't want to help with a request you simply don't have to reply. After all this is forum was built to discuss chameleons. Is it not?? And the project is for a chameleon room in my house. So everone here will get all the credit they want. Thanks anyway

Back
Top Bottom