Look at those teeth!

andrearamirezo91

Avid Member
Guys, he finally let me hand feed him! I was surprised he even let me because he got soooo mad when I took him out of the cage to clean it.

I figured it wouldn’t hurt to try so I put a worm in front of him with tongues and BOOM! He instantly took it. He ate three worms and I think with the third one he realized he had been eating from my hand so he completely froze with the worm in his mouth for like five minutes :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

I managed to snap a pic of him and maaaan check out those teeth! @Pjtbug I thought you might find this interesting too :p

Also, his colors are really starting to brighten up, check him out!

0838FB14-6497-4AEE-9595-6C650F869374.jpeg

C4BA2B9B-082D-45BB-88B6-4E05D8979C0C.jpeg
FEC4B4C4-380B-434E-8F15-85B2D9BE614A.jpeg
3297A211-6903-49EB-BFB1-517B4AEBAB85.jpeg

Attachments

• 4B3647D8-0294-4074-AE07-523555E8C1C3.jpeg
    4B3647D8-0294-4074-AE07-523555E8C1C3.jpeg
    255.9 KB · Views: 41
Congratulations on your first hand feeding! It’s funny because today’s also the day my little Cham decided to hand feed today too, I got before and after pictures, but I didn’t get an action shot. Your Cham is absolutely beautiful by the way.

Attachments

• 2F176C6C-F2C4-4187-9154-09B316B8D410.jpeg
    2F176C6C-F2C4-4187-9154-09B316B8D410.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 74
  • C819C910-8510-4E3B-AD13-7590490C2C2A.jpeg
    C819C910-8510-4E3B-AD13-7590490C2C2A.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 60
Congratulations on your first hand feeding! It’s funny because today’s also the day my little Cham decided to hand feed today too, I got before and after pictures, but I didn’t get an action shot. Your Cham is absolutely beautiful by the way.

Woohooo progress!!! :LOL: I love how yours is all poofed up “Mr. Tough Guy” in the second pic. I think they like to play hard to get :ROFLMAO: Thank you so much! Yours is adorable too, do you know how old it is? Veiled chameleons are STUNNING when they grow up. I secretly want one too now after seeing all the pics on the forum. This might be one of those things where once you get one you can’t stop :wideyed:

...mom might kick me out soon! Lol she didnt talk to me for almost a week when I came with this one because I already have two cats and a fish tank!

Woohooo progress!!! :LOL: I love how yours is all poofed up “Mr. Tough Guy” in the second pic. I think they like to play hard to get :ROFLMAO: Thank you so much! Yours is adorable too, do you know how old it is? Veiled chameleons are STUNNING when they grow up. I secretly want one too now after seeing all the pics on the forum. This might be one of those things where once you get one you can’t stop :wideyed:

...mom might kick me out soon! Lol she didnt talk to me for almost a week when I came with this one because I already have two cats and a fish tank!
He’s about 3 months old, he had been waiting to be adopted from the pet store for about a month, they started to lose hope since they apparently go pretty quick here. He’s a little fussy some times, he’s hissed at me twice when I put my hand in to give him food, but that’s kind of expected since they don’t really like people. I can’t wait to see the colors he gets when he’s older!

sorry to hijack your thread but what fish do you keep?

I used to have a bigger fish tank in my old home but right now I only own a 10G planted tank (I have less space now :( ) with a betta, 6 harlequin rasboras, and a couple nerite snails. Here’s a pic :) it’s going through a really annoying algae bloom phase right now because I’m trying to balance out CO2 and fertilizers.. so it looks like it’s dirty but it’s really not :cautious:
664CFD59-F6C2-46A1-A28D-9817A3250788.jpeg
4E68DCAB-CC98-4769-8B3B-A8DFF122A476.jpeg

Attachments

• 898E2300-FDB9-49B7-AF1D-7CCEA7F85DCA.jpeg
    898E2300-FDB9-49B7-AF1D-7CCEA7F85DCA.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 48
I used to have a bigger fish tank in my old home but right now I only own a 10G planted tank (I have less space now :( ) with a betta, 6 harlequin rasboras, and a couple nerite snails. Here’s a pic :) it’s going through a really annoying algae bloom phase right now because I’m trying to balance out CO2 and fertilizers.. so it looks like it’s dirty but it’s really not :cautious:View attachment 208409View attachment 208410
an oxidator may help with co2 and a bag of chemipure blue to leach out fertz. it helps if you have 24k bulbs in but that tank is too small. you may want to get some frogbit so you can gwt all of the fertiliser in the water column out. 50% water changes help too.

an oxidator may help with co2 and a bag of chemipure blue to leach out fertz. it helps if you have 24k bulbs in but that tank is too small. you may want to get some frogbit so you can gwt all of the fertiliser in the water column out. 50% water changes help too.

I actually did have frogbit but it got sooo messy with my filter! It kept on pushing them down and they’d eventually die from constantly being wet on top. I put an air line attached to two parts of the tank right at the very surface so it kept the frogbit to one side but as soon as the water started evaporating it was back to chaos! :eek:

I actually did a 50% water change today. I use that water on my houseplants and they get BEAUTIFUL! Highly recommend using fish tank water on house plants. The difference is so noticeable. Sounds like you have a fish tank or two yourself ;)

I actually did have frogbit but it got sooo messy with my filter! It kept on pushing them down and they’d eventually die from constantly being wet on top. I put an air line attached to two parts of the tank right at the very surface so it kept the frogbit to one side but as soon as the water started evaporating it was back to chaos! :eek:

I actually did a 50% water change today. I use that water on my houseplants and they get BEAUTIFUL! Highly recommend using fish tank water on house plants. The difference is so noticeable. Sounds like you have a fish tank or two yourself ;)
my first hobby:) currently own a singular african cichlid in a ten gallon as she is the spawn of satan. ive had her for 4 years and she has so many bodies to her name:eek:. the tank filtration is insane though. 16 times an hour.

Back
Top Bottom