• Outdoors

Votes: 48 12.4%
  • Greenhouse

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
Multiple Choice - Choose all options that apply.
Where do you keep your chameleon enclosures? For the purpose of this poll please consider free range as an enclosure type. The outdoors option is intended for outdoor enclosures that are not in a greenhouse.

Bedroom
Spare room
Other room
Basement
Garage
Outdoors
Greenhouse

Credit: Thank you Motherlode Chameleon for the poll idea.

For me I originally started keeping my chameleon cages in my bedroom on a set of shelves. I eventually decided to keep and move them into a spare room with some time in outside cages on sunny mild temperature days. My last step is when I moved my chameleons for the most part inside a greenhouse with the exception of the chameleons spending some time in my apartment in Davis while I'm enrolled in classes. I consider each new location as an improvement or upgrade from the last location for me. Although all locations have positive applications for chameleon husbandry such as no more crickets loose in the bedroom, no more crickets loose in the house, to natural sunlight from being kept outside, to the amazing humidity from being kept inside a greenhouse. This is all part of my evolution of being an experienced chameleon keeper.

I have seen many truly amazing areas/arrangements being used to keep chameleons. Including other greenhouses, basements, spare rooms, outdoor cages and giant outdoor cages.

Greenhouse.jpg

Last edited:
For me I originally started keeping my chameleon cages in my bedroom on a set of shelves. I eventually decided to keep and move them into a spare room with some time in outside cages on sunny mild temperature days. My last step is I have moved my chameleons for the most part inside a greenhouse with the exception of the chameleons spending some time in my apartment in Davis while I'm enrolled in classes. I consider each new location as an improvement or upgrade from the last location for me. Although all locations have positive applications for chameleon husbandry such as no more crickets loose in the bedroom, no more crickets loose in the house, to natural sunlight from being kept outside, to the amazing humidity from being kept inside a greenhouse. This is part of my evolution of being an experienced chameleon keeper.

Greenhouse.jpg

Is that an AC unit on the side? And what are the 2 tanks at the front of the building? Just curious about what kind of temperatures you maintain in there. Very nice I must say.

I keep mine out in the living room, surprised that wasn't an option. I figured thats where most would be keeping theirs.

Both chams and the monitor in my bedroom - separate corners for each, plenty of places where there is no los to the bed in the middle, due to the angles and the doors of the wardrariums.........when I get my own decent sized place there will be a whole room for them :D

My pygmy tanks are in the "breakfast nook" in our kitchen, and my bigger cham enclosure is in our dining room. I get to keep an eye on them this way, and am able to hand mist them often. My husband feels it's cruel to keep them in the basement LOL

I have a spare bedroom just for the reptiles, which right now is just my chameleons. I used to keep them outside but now I don't have the room outdoors for it. But I'd love to if I have the room for it again. They'd be much happier in a huge outdoor cage.

my montanes have their own room, and my veiled and panthers are in the living room in big decorative fruiniture looking cages

Had a hard time discerning between "spare room & other room".

I think spare room means like spare bedroom, and other means like living room or something.

Edit someone beat me to it lol.

Yea...I get to wake up every morning of the "click" of my chams lights coming on its great

I made the final decision to share my 2nd bedroom/art studio/reptile room with my chameleons; particularly, the Melleri. I gave him half the room, actually.. free range.

There's still a couple other occupants in there, but he can't see the snakes (in rack systems) and he doesn't seem phased by the Pygs or my Blue Tongue Skink. The big tortoise walks in there occasionally, as well. So far, so good. No display of disdain or stress.

I work from home so I get to carry everyone outside in the morning if the weather is good, which is 95% of the time. During summer I often leave them out at night and only bring them in over the hottest times of the day. The climate here lets me use zero lights or heating other than a simple oil bar heater when cold fronts pass in winter. I used to have all the trees open to the sky but since a glossy starling came into the house and ate my juvenile dwarf I have started keeping the adults under netting just in case.

Back
Top Bottom