local wild chameleons

it happens i think ever were you go, any where people release an animal into a place it could probably survive they probably will,

out here in phoenix, on the south mountain preserve there is a population of Savannah monitors and out in mesa on a few areas there is a few populations of bearded dragons.

it is definatley possible, theres a bunch of wild veilds in ft.myers or cape coral here in fl one of the 2 i dnt remember. you'd be surprised how well they do in the wild i saw someone let go a dying panther and in 2 weeks it was found by his neighbor and it was doing great so he kept it lol. your should check it out, it might be wirth your time!

I will. theres a big hill that overlooks the ocean thats stays pretty humid where they are rumored to be. thats pretty interesting.

looks like im going to find me some jacksons:D

Go at night with a good flashlight and headlamp.

it happens i think ever were you go, any where people release an animal into a place it could probably survive they probably will,

out here in phoenix, on the south mountain preserve there is a population of Savannah monitors and out in mesa on a few areas there is a few populations of bearded dragons.

There is a wild "flock?" of parrots here in San Diego. I don't know exactly what part they live in but I have heard them EARLY in the morning as they fly by. Never have seen them but have heard. :)

There is a wild "flock?" of parrots here in San Diego. I don't know exactly what part they live in but I have heard them EARLY in the morning as they fly by. Never have seen them but have heard. :)

I lived in Pasadena, and there are several wild flocks of parrots in the san gabriel valley. They're the loudest birds, it's awesome just watching them.

I saw a flock of those green parrots in Fullerton one day and I was so surprised because I've never seen them in Orange County before.
Actually, when I say that I saw them what I mean is that I heard them and they completely disrupted an entire school day because the kids kept looking out the window instead of listening to me!

Yes, very loud. I wonder if every parrot that escapes their cage ends up with them.

Most parrots that escape end up dying, or recaptured. These groups of parrots were most likely wild caught and then accidentally released. My blue and gold macaw flew away last year. He was out all the time and I hadn't clipped his wings in months and he just took off. :(

Anyone who wants to go on a chameleon hunt, I'm down. lol. I'd say we start in Laguna on the hill mardithepanther is talking about.

If you guys/gals have never looked for wild Chams, it is a blast. Enjoy!!

I highly recommend that you find someone who keeps Jackson's and visit and practice shining with flashlights while it is sleeping to get a search image.

While they lighten up at night and are easier to see, it will be very hard if you don't have the experience or the knack.

Florida Veild:

WC.jpg
[/IMG]

If you guys were to find Jacksons & I didn't get one, well... I guess I would just need to fly down and hunt each of you down. You all know I am really scary.:eek:

I live on the Palos Verdes peninsula (and so do a few other forum members), and in my judgment it is far too dry here for jacksons. Some mornings we get a coastal fog, but it is inconsistent. The area is rather dry and dusty. If jacksons have become established here, it would be on private property which is heavily planted and regularly watered with automated sprinklers. That's not impossible.

Laguna is more likely.

hmmm....i would go to take photos.. and not take them...unless there happen to be an awsome looking female:rolleyes:

hmmm....i would go to take photos.. and not take them...unless there happen to be an awsome looking female:rolleyes:

Ace what about the male you wanted to send me? How quickly you guys all forget us. poor me, poor me, whine, whine

Ace what about the male you wanted to send me? How quickly you guys all forget us. poor me, poor me, whine, whine

Laurie i havent forgotten....i will search for the best looking male out there for you:) right after i take a few photos and maybe find that female:rolleyes:

and i dont want to find out how scary you are :eek:

My wacky woodshop teacher told me there is a neighborhood in LA where a colony of wild jacksons chameleons live. And have heard countless stories of A large hill in my area that have wild chameleons too. Just some breeder who let his chameleons go. Have you ever heard of this? could it be true?:D:confused:

Yes, a bunch of chameleons were imported from Hamwaii to sourthern California. In the late 1980's there was fire that caused a series of pet stores to burn down. During the fire one of the stores left a group of Jackson chameleons unattended outside of there outdoor enclosures. So they were free to escape and spread all throughout southern California.

and I might add, they're pretty rare. I've lived in southern California my whole life and haven't seen one yet :(

Back
Top Bottom