lll reptile fixture isnt working

my 24 in uva/uvb fixture isnt turning on, i just got it and put in the reptisum 5.0 but the fixture never turned on.( i tried moving the switch) everything seems to be wired, the batterie/generator thing is attached to the metal. i dont know what to do.
here are some pics

sorry they are so blurry i have a Shit-e-camera
thank you so much for your answers,
Juan

Attachments

• IMG_1684.JPG
    IMG_1684.JPG
    211.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1686.JPG
    IMG_1686.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1687.JPG
    IMG_1687.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1689.JPG
    IMG_1689.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1690.JPG
    IMG_1690.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 110
my 24 in uva/uvb fixture isnt turning on, i just got it and put in the reptisum 5.0 but the fixture never turned on.( i tried moving the switch) everything seems to be wired, the batterie/generator thing is attached to the metal. i dont know what to do.
here are some pics

file:///Users/juan/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Originals/2009/Sep%208,%202009/IMG_1684.JPG

file:///Users/juan/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Originals/2009/Sep%208,%202009/IMG_1686.JPG

file:///Users/juan/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Originals/2009/Sep%208,%202009/IMG_1687.JPG

file:///Users/juan/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Originals/2009/Sep%208,%202009/IMG_1689.JPG

sorry they are so blurry i have a Shit-e-camera
thank you so much for your answers,
Juan

Im not seeing the pictures trying re-uploading...I had the same problem with my fixture i thought it was broken!

try replacing the starter.. it is the little round thing on the right in picture 1. It should twist out.

I have several UV fixtures that the started went bad on them.

try replacing the starter.. it is the little round thing on the right in picture 1. It should twist out.

I have several UV fixtures that the started went bad on them.

Just the problem I had. I was about to trash the fixture when i noticed that if i turned that starter they would flicker on and off. The starter has to be turned correctly in order to work I think lol...:p

If a starter is bad.. It won't 'look bad' It won't be burnt or anything.

If you happen to have another light you can switch the starters to see if that is the problem

i tried the starter but it worked fine, in the other fixture the starter flickered and turned the light o, but in the new fixture the starter doesnt flicker at all.

what could be wrong?

Thanks so much,
Juan

What type of lamp are you using in it? t8 or t12? Perhaps the fixture is t12 and your lamp is a t8?

If you can't get it to fire, and you literally just got it, definitely give us a call before you touch the wiring. 888-54-Reptile . Our warehouse staff can have you double check some stuff on the phone. Better be safe than sorry and go over it with us so we can rectify any manufacturer defect, or if it is just something basic that we can catch! Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom