LLL Drain Pan Drainage.

just been reading up on drainage and how are you ment to get any drainage on the exo terra viv's ??? mine has a glass bottom :( ?

i also understand some substrate cant be used due to swallowing and stomach problems , so i was wondering if i could use lilo ? the stuff used on kitchen floors ? as it would be water proof and easy to clean ?

You would need to drill a hole in the glass, you can probably get your local shop to do it for you or you will need to make a false bottom so you can drain out the extra wated when needed.

just been reading up on drainage and how are you ment to get any drainage on the exo terra viv's ??? mine has a glass bottom :( ?

i also understand some substrate cant be used due to swallowing and stomach problems , so i was wondering if i could use lilo ? the stuff used on kitchen floors ? as it would be water proof and easy to clean ?

Just go out and buy a cheap diamond coated home saw and very slowly drill it, make sure you have constant water keeping the hole saw cool. I've done this before to some of my aquariums to have a clean set-up for filters and stuff...

Here's a YouTube video so you get an idea of how easy it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMctXz7GraU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I did this set up but my question is do u use the substrate tray that comes with the LLL cage? I'm ONLY using the water tray but The only problem I have with this is there is a gap along the edges bc the cage sits on the risers and the tray is a little bigger than the cage. I havent seen any crickets escape yet but they could...

I did this set up but my question is do u use the substrate tray that comes with the LLL cage? I'm ONLY using the water tray but The only problem I have with this is there is a gap along the edges bc the cage sits on the risers and the tray is a little bigger than the cage. I havent seen any crickets escape yet but they could...

Are you still using the PVC sheet on the bottom of the cage? I think you called it the 'substrate tray'? Yes I use the sheet of plastic that comes with the cage, along with the pan. Drill two-four 1/4" holes in the center of your plastic sheet that came with the cage. When you place a plant into the cage the plastic sheet will sag down a little and the water will run to the middle and drain out the bottom.

Here you can see the plastic sheet.... and you can kinda make out the holes.... or two of them at least....

IMG_0305.jpg

i'm not using the pvc sheet right now. i'm only using the water tray. i think i'll start using it now tho b/c i don't want my feeders to escape. :)

You could put the fitting in the middle if ya like. This pan is meant to be used however you like... but not everyone has a hole in the middle of the table ;)

Just put the pan on the table and use the drill bit as Kevin showed and just keep drilling and ta-da! You have a table with a hole in the middle!

My work here is done. You can thank me later for this awesome free advice.

Pretty old post.

Anyone know where I can get a sheet of the pvc sheeting? Trying to find some for a custom cage.
Only finding it in bulk.

Back
Top Bottom