Little white bugs on umbrella plant :(

Blizzy07

These little bugs are all over my umbrella plant ice had it for 3 months and never saw anything and today I noticed tiny spider web looking things and found these on some of the backs of leaves and where the stems meet up. Ugh what are they😭😭😭😭

Attachments

• 20210110_140207.jpg
    20210110_140207.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 74
i had them on one of my succulents and they spread to most of my plants i'd recommended getting it away from your other plants asap

They're on all of my plants. Ugh. Is there anything I can put on my plants after I remove the mealyworms? As in pest control stuff. Cham safe obviously lol. I read just now to remove using alcohol on cotton balls...I highly dought I'll be able to find another good umbrella so I have to try to save it

I'm not sure if there is a good way to prevent mealybugs from returning other than checking new plants for the bugs before putting them in your cage. Many preventative methods require oils or chemicals that may be harmful to your cham if ingested. Good luck on removing them. I recommend listening to music or a podcast when doing something so monotonous. Rubbing alcohol and cotton balls should work as long as you let the plant dry out or wash it with water before putting it in the cage.

Mix up a solution of 1 part pure hydrogen peroxide (with no additives) to 4-5 parts water. Mix well and water the plant, making sure to thoroughly drench all parts of the soil. The hydrogen peroxide will fizz; that's what kills the larvae and the eggs

N.B.
if plant could took away from enclosure then thoroughly rinsed before returning after a quarantine

Back
Top Bottom