Little Trixie's first shed!

Awww....she's adorable and sooo tiny!
I weighed her this morning and again this afternoon when I got her out to take pictures. She weighed 1.14g this morning and 1.16g in the afternoon. That's a little down from the 1.19g she was a week ago, but hopefully it's because she was getting ready to shed.

She'll start gaining weight again...you definitely know she's growing if she has had her first shed...she is very cute!:)

She looks great, really colorful. This clutch started hatching on 5-27-2010.

She is a Cameroon Sailfin chameleon (Triceros montium). She's about 14 weeks old.

I believe Cameroon Sail-fin Chameleon refers to Tr. Cristatus, Tr. Montium is usually called the "Two-horned Mountain Chameleon".

congrats on trixes first shed i got that feeling when my bluie sheded i dont have a chamelion i would like one but we arent allowed them due to laws here but still Congrats on his/hers first shed:D

She looks great, really colorful. This clutch started hatching on 5-27-2010.

I believe Cameroon Sail-fin Chameleon refers to Tr. Cristatus, Tr. Montium is usually called the "Two-horned Mountain Chameleon".
Although T. cristatus is sometimes called a Sailfin chameleon, I think the more appropriate common name is Crested chameleon. T. montium is commonly called the Cameroon Sailfin chameleon. The Crested chameleon isn't native to just Cameroon, so the Cameroon in Cameroon Sailfin chameleon tells you it's T. montium.

Although T. cristatus is sometimes called a Sailfin chameleon, I think the more appropriate common name is Crested chameleon. T. montium is commonly called the Cameroon Sailfin chameleon. The Crested chameleon isn't native to just Cameroon, so the Cameroon in Cameroon Sailfin chameleon tells you it's T. montium.

I like it the other way around :D So does my chameleon book :rolleyes: But I have heard it every which way you can think of so... scientific names RULE!

Lets see some pics of the rest of your family!

I like it the other way around :D So does my chameleon book :rolleyes: But I have heard it every which way you can think of so... scientific names RULE!

Lets see some pics of the rest of your family!
I'll try and take new pictures of them all soon. Montague is especially hard to get pictures of.

Back
Top Bottom