Little problem, quick question

Damus

So we just ordered some new cages along with a new 48"fixture and reptisun 5.0 bulb from lllreptile. Thing is, they sent us a 48"10.0 reptisun! Im about to call them and see what they can so, but if i need to order a brand new one, will my chameleons be okay with the 10.0 for a couple days to a week?! thank you for any quick responses

You can use the 10.0 raised higher off the cage then lower it as it starts to lose strength

So we just ordered some new cages along with a new 48"fixture and reptisun 5.0 bulb from lllreptile. Thing is, they sent us a 48"10.0 reptisun! Im about to call them and see what they can so, but if i need to order a brand new one, will my chameleons be okay with the 10.0 for a couple days to a week?! thank you for any quick responses

I think I would rather let my cham hang outside for a couple hours a day until I got the 5.0. You will be okay with the 10.0. Maybe raise the light a little higher off of the cage than you would with the 5.0. If your cham starts to close his/her eyes or blinks reguarly then I would discontinue.

Suzi you took the words right out of my mouth.

You can use the 10.0 raised higher off the cage then lower it as it starts to lose strength

Sorry for the late response, i had to go to work shortly after making this post. and also never got around to calling LLL. But, how far would you suggest raising the fixture? I dont have one of those uvb meters so i wouldnt know how to measure the levels properly? thanks again

How far away should the 10.0 be from the highest point in a cage a cham can get too?

My chameleon usually hangs out about 12-18" away from his 5.0, and will rarely go to the top. I was wondering if I should be using a 10.0?

You OUGHT to be fine without any change. Especially if he is an adult panther or veiled. If your 5.0 was sitting right on the screen you could the 10 about 3-4 inches up but only if you are worried.

Back
Top Bottom