Hi guys, i got the soft-bodied value back today.
In it there are
-silkworms
-butter worms
- phoenix worms

Should i keep butter worms or phoenix worms in the fridge (like mealies) or will they be just fine at room temp?

Also, can I just gutload them with the same things I gutload crickets, dubia, and superworms? I just wanted a few quick pointers as I'm busy with finishing up my finals.

LASTLY, what can I feed the silkworms to keep them alive? I don't have mulberry leaves or chow. I only have 25 small ones. I'm thinking ill try and feed those guys off in the next week for sure.

Bytterworms in the refrigerator.

Phoenix worms at 60 degrees will keep them fresh longer.

Silkworms-Dandeleion leaves.

CHEERS!

Nick:D

Bytterworms in the refrigerator.

Phoenix worms at 60 degrees will keep them fresh longer.

Silkworms-Dandeleion leaves.

CHEERS!

Nick:D

Dandelion leaves eh? I think I read that somewhere. Does that mean i can go outside and just pick a punch of dandelions and throw those in the bug containers? or does more need to be done?

I feed my crickets dandelion leaves a couple times a week. Just pick them out of my lawn and throw them in. Make sure they are not treated with anything. I also got some hornworms from linda a couple weeks ago. My chams go crazy for them. I ordered babies and had to wait a week for them to get big enough to feed. Also bought big hornworms at a reptile show on sunday and they are already pupating, so hopefully I'll have moths in a month or so. 2 dug themselves into the soil on monday and the rest did on tuesday. If everything goes well I'll have several hundred eggs.

I feed my crickets dandelion leaves a couple times a week. Just pick them out of my lawn and throw them in. Make sure they are not treated with anything. I also got some hornworms from linda a couple weeks ago. My chams go crazy for them. I ordered babies and had to wait a week for them to get big enough to feed. Also bought big hornworms at a reptile show on sunday and they are already pupating, so hopefully I'll have moths in a month or so. 2 dug themselves into the soil on monday and the rest did on tuesday. If everything goes well I'll have several hundred eggs.

Whole dandelions? Sounds easy enough. and they're free! woohoo

It's okay to feed soldier fly larvae after they turn into flies i assume, yes?

Yes, my veiled loves the flies.... more of a "challenge" for her... so keeps her active.

Back
Top Bottom