Like a completely different chameleon...

Galaxy

tumblr_nb32j05i5T1s54to4o1_1280.jpg

Osiris has been madly scraping at the side of his cage near the window for days now. Pacing the enclosure endlessly until dark and just being overall restless and grumpy.
While I'm plugging away on getting a bigger enclosure set up for him, I'm still waiting on some supplies to arrive and need to find the time to re-pot the big fluffy schefflera for him.
I've just felt sorry for my dark little lizard with his nose pressed against the screen. And the energy between us was strained. So, a "binge-buy" of a nearly naturals dogwood tree happened, and I took a chance.
Usually, he wants nothing more than to hide when I'm near, and just ignores the open door, ans attempting to handle him leads to blind panic and near-falls.
But upon placing the tree next to his cage and opening it this time, he timidly peeked his head out, pawed at the nearest branch, and immediately went to look out the window, flashing colors I haven't seen for a month. I snapped this picture from the other side of the room since I didn't want to disturb him, and everything is just feeling calm at last.

My panther is about 10 mo and a few months back he took on the same attitude.everymorning he is dark and waiting to get out. I put him in an outside cage and he mellows out. In the end he wants to be held all the time. People have said it's a teenage kind of phase but it's tough. I just got a 2ft x4ft cage. I'm trying to perfect my setup so I know I've done everything possible.i think with time they should mellow out.dont know if that helps but I know where your coming from!

Haha, yeah. I just figure it's those raging hormones making him want to roam. I WISH he wanted to be held. He's decided even hand feeding is too much interaction with me recently. Just stopped out of the blue. :/ Such fickle creatures.

I have a tree just like that from Canvas Chameleon. :)

They are so happy when not caged. He's a beautiful guy and I'm glad he's getting some out of the cage time. Just keep him safe because they do wonder.

Back
Top Bottom