Lighting

Versagirl

I was trying to save on the electric bill, and was wondering how long does the UV and Basking have to be on daily? We had it on a timer from 7am to 9pm, and just changed it to 11am-7pm, is that long enough? any imput?

thanks

I was trying to save on the electric bill, and was wondering how long does the UV and Basking have to be on daily? We had it on a timer from 7am to 9pm, and just changed it to 11am-7pm, is that long enough? any imput?

thanks

When does the sun come up and go down - I wouldnt go less than that.

You are cutting it a little short. I agree with rocky. You should try to match the natural daylight times.

I do 6am to 6pm right now. Its always just about 12 hours.

I was wondering about electricity costs as well but I looked up a calculator that worked out the costs etc and both of my chams lights only cost a $7.81 per month and that is both of them running 12 hours a day so trying to shave a few hours off here and there isnt worth it.

Your cham needs to warm up in the morning so that they can eat and digest properly. A vet bill for a sick cham is more expensive than saving a bit of electricity.

Best to try and stick with nature as Rocky said. Lights on at sun up and lights off when it sets :)

Back
Top Bottom