Let's talk humidity

scooter4n

Established Member
I have hard time fighting humidity.
Can someone explain me what % I need.
I have 3 humidity gages in the cage, lower part, mid cage, and upper part of the cage.
I can have 90%+ in the low, about 60-70% at mid cage, and can't go above mid 40's% at the top.
Is this ok, or I need to bring up my top part to 50-60%%?? Because Rex spends most of the time at top part of the cage.
I have veiled cham, trying to make him happy

I have hard time fighting humidity.
Can someone explain me what % I need.
I have 3 humidity gages in the cage, lower part, mid cage, and upper part of the cage.
I can have 90%+ in the low, about 60-70% at mid cage, and can't go above mid 40's% at the top.
Is this ok, or I need to bring up my top part to 50-60%%?? Because Rex spends most of the time at top part of the cage.
I have veiled cham, trying to make him happy

Your lights are drying up the humidity at the upper levels. Personally, I think those ranges are just fine. If you are really concerned about it, you might want to consider getting a room humidifier. You can either pipe it into the cage or just run it in the room. Last year I had big problems with humidity during the winter, but they were a LOT lower than yours. I used a whole house humidifier in the room with my chameleon, and it brought the humidity up to about 40%. My panther did fine at those ranges.

Heika

I have in room humidifier set to 45%, and auto sprayer every 2 hours for most of the day.
It's just the heat at the top drying out the moisture.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom