Meet my boy Zuko

FreeJovan

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon -He is a male ambilobe just over 3 months old I got him on Thursday from kammerflage kreations.

• Handling - i have not handled him yet.

• Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Right now I am feeding him small crickets before I start introducing new food slowly. The first day I got him he ate about 5 but I am going to start feeding him around 15 a day until I add more variety. I am trying to feed him around 10 in the morning and get him used to cup feeding but free range is the only way he’s eaten for now. He did not eat today however:( I am buttoning with a blend I made with collard greens, turnip greens, apple, sweet potato, zucchini, bell pepper and bee pollen.

• Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with, and what is the schedule? I am using the zoo med reptile calcium every feeding, then plan to use the zoo med reptivite with d3 2 times a month.

• Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long do you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I mist once during the day for 2 minutes, for 2 minutes before and after the lights come on, then throughout the next guy ever hour or so for a minute. I’ve seen him drink once.

• Fecal Description - He has not pooped yet since I’ve had him.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - 24x24x48 dyicages screen enclosure. I added window insulation film the 4 sides while leaving a part of the bottom door and roof screen for airflow.

• Lighting - I have an arcadia 6 percent linear uvb bulb positioned to hit my basking branches in a range of 3 percent uvb and lower which I measure with a slammer 6.5r. Nowhere at the top of my enclosure is there uv readings of over 7 in case of screen climbing. I have an arcadia hallogen heat bulb in a deep dome fixture. I also have a jungle dawn led bar for my plants. The lights come on at 8 am and turn off at 8 pm

• Temperature - The temps in my enclosure range from about 85 86 F at the highest and 72 at the lowest during the day. The basking branch reads anywhere from 81-86 F during the day. The top area of my enclosure that is less planted is around 74-75 F during the day. Towards the bottom and in the back behind the large pothos is around 72 F during the day.The lowest overnight temp i have seen is 63 and usualoly ranges form 64-70 F. I measure themn with a infrared laser thermometer and a digital hygrometer/thermoter with readers placed throughout the cage.

• Humidity - My humidity levels during the day vary from high 30s to mid 50s% during the day. Living in a dry desert daytime humidity has been my biggest struggle to mainain. I am still working on figuring out when to add short daytime mistings to keep it in the 50s but have heard mixed things about misting during the day. At night I get the humidity to over 70 with a priming misting when the lights go off and one around midnight before my fogger comes on which will run through the night. I use a digital hygrometer with readers placed throughout my cage. I use a mist king for my mister.

• Plants - I have a large golden pothos, a marble queen pothos, an umbrella tree, a maidenhair fern, and a tornado dracaena

• Placement - My cage is located in my room with a fan overhead but the fan is hardly used. I am ususally the only one who is in here so not a high traffic area. The cage is on top of a shelving unit and the top is about 7 feet from the floor of my room. The top of the cage stands about a foot above my head.

• Location - I am located in El Paso TX

Attachments

• lp_image.jpeg
    lp_image.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0141.jpeg
    IMG_0141.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0149.jpeg
    IMG_0149.jpeg
    302.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0155.jpeg
    IMG_0155.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0155.jpeg
    IMG_0155.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0150.jpeg
    IMG_0150.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 6
  • lp_image.jpeg
    lp_image.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0141.jpeg
    IMG_0141.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0114.jpeg
    IMG_0114.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 9
Congrats! 🎊🎉 I hope you have a great time with your cham. Welcome to the forum! If you need any help just say! Everyone in the forum is ready to help 😃 And Zuko is adorable ☺️
Here are some links if you need help with husbandry (but all of your husbandry looks great!): Chameleon Academy ~ YouTube ~ Neptune The Chameleon ~ YouTube
Here are some links for food and supplies: Food ~ Food as well ~ Leap Supplies ~ Arcadia
And here is a link for some discounts: Neptune the Chameleon Discount
Enjoy your new chameleon!😊

It could take up to 2 weeks for a new chameleon to get settled into their new home. During that time you want to give your cham space, no handling, and you don’t really want them to see you just staring at them. You want them to have a good first impression in their new home. I did this with my cham and he has settled in perfectly. Here are 2 video links that you should watch for when you get your new chameleon: Chameleon Academy ~ Neptune the Chameleon 💗 I can’t wait to see more updates!

Hello and congrats on your little darling!!! Your husbandry looks really good. The only things I would suggest is lowering the basking temps. A chameleon that little shouldn’t see basking temps higher than 80 degrees.

If you are struggling with humidity I would recommend wrapping your closure with corrugated plastic on three sides and then covering the door with the Frost King window cling wrap stuff. Keep the top of the enclosure and service door open for air flow.

I notice my humidity levels are lower during the day when I don’t fog the night before. If you can get temps below 68 degrees at night you can add a fogger at night to help spike your humidity levels which will help with your babies hydration as well.

I also have babies that free range eat and have to learn to eat from a feeder run, this can take time. Do you want to share photos of where your baby’s feeder is at? Perhaps I can give some tips to help you with him finding it sooner to eat. He also may need some time to settle in before he eats much.

OMG HE'S THERE!!! I just wanted to jump in and say congratulations from one Rascal baby to another! I can't wait to see how he changes as he grows, he's so cute already.

Yes I have been meaning to post about him being here on the other thread but yes he’s so cuteee!! Very excited to see how his colors come in!!

Reactions: M&M
I also have babies that free range eat and have to learn to eat from a feeder run, this can take time. Do you want to share photos of where your baby’s feeder is at? Perhaps I can give some tips to help you with him finding it sooner to eat. He also may need some time to settle in before he eats much.
So hes been eating a little more each day but still only free range, he has however stuck his head in the feeder cup but didn’t take one. Next week I plan on adding some variety to his diet with som bsf larva, Dubai’s, and hornworms. :))

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon -He is a male ambilobe just over 3 months old I got him on Thursday from kammerflage kreations.

• Handling - i have not handled him yet.

• Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Right now I am feeding him small crickets before I start introducing new food slowly. The first day I got him he ate about 5 but I am going to start feeding him around 15 a day until I add more variety. I am trying to feed him around 10 in the morning and get him used to cup feeding but free range is the only way he’s eaten for now. He did not eat today however:( I am buttoning with a blend I made with collard greens, turnip greens, apple, sweet potato, zucchini, bell pepper and bee pollen.

• Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with, and what is the schedule? I am using the zoo med reptile calcium every feeding, then plan to use the zoo med reptivite with d3 2 times a month.

• Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long do you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I mist once during the day for 2 minutes, for 2 minutes before and after the lights come on, then throughout the next guy ever hour or so for a minute. I’ve seen him drink once.

• Fecal Description - He has not pooped yet since I’ve had him.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - 24x24x48 dyicages screen enclosure. I added window insulation film the 4 sides while leaving a part of the bottom door and roof screen for airflow.

• Lighting - I have an arcadia 6 percent linear uvb bulb positioned to hit my basking branches in a range of 3 percent uvb and lower which I measure with a slammer 6.5r. Nowhere at the top of my enclosure is there uv readings of over 7 in case of screen climbing. I have an arcadia hallogen heat bulb in a deep dome fixture. I also have a jungle dawn led bar for my plants. The lights come on at 8 am and turn off at 8 pm

• Temperature - The temps in my enclosure range from about 85 86 F at the highest and 72 at the lowest during the day. The basking branch reads anywhere from 81-86 F during the day. The top area of my enclosure that is less planted is around 74-75 F during the day. Towards the bottom and in the back behind the large pothos is around 72 F during the day.The lowest overnight temp i have seen is 63 and usualoly ranges form 64-70 F. I measure themn with a infrared laser thermometer and a digital hygrometer/thermoter with readers placed throughout the cage.

• Humidity - My humidity levels during the day vary from high 30s to mid 50s% during the day. Living in a dry desert daytime humidity has been my biggest struggle to mainain. I am still working on figuring out when to add short daytime mistings to keep it in the 50s but have heard mixed things about misting during the day. At night I get the humidity to over 70 with a priming misting when the lights go off and one around midnight before my fogger comes on which will run through the night. I use a digital hygrometer with readers placed throughout my cage. I use a mist king for my mister.

• Plants - I have a large golden pothos, a marble queen pothos, an umbrella tree, a maidenhair fern, and a tornado dracaena

• Placement - My cage is located in my room with a fan overhead but the fan is hardly used. I am ususally the only one who is in here so not a high traffic area. The cage is on top of a shelving unit and the top is about 7 feet from the floor of my room. The top of the cage stands about a foot above my head.

• Location - I am located in El Paso TX
Update on this little guys name, it took me a while to land on a name but zuko just didn’t feel right for some reason. From now on he will be known as Luka😎

Back
Top Bottom