Let me out!!!

Why does my panther always want out of his cage. nothing has changed and he recently has been crawling to the bottom of his cage and ripping up the papertowles trying to get out of his cage. he spends most of the hours of the day doing this and i dont have enough time to take him out everyday. anybody els have this problem?

Why does my panther always want out of his cage. nothing has changed and he recently has been crawling to the bottom of his cage and ripping up the papertowles trying to get out of his cage. he spends most of the hours of the day doing this and i dont have enough time to take him out everyday. anybody els have this problem?

My 4 month old climbed out the top when I left the door open long enough to get his crickets ready, I went back to the cage and he was standing on top, freaked me right out. They are sneaky sometimes.

What supplements, and on what schedule do you use with him?
Supp issues can cause restlesness, it could also just be normal.
Does he have things to hide in?
Have a pic of his cage?

How old is your panther? he may be going hunting for a mate, or he might want more room for himself. He might just be in the mood for an explore this week and settle down again soon when he's re-established the extent of his territory.

I would remove the paper towels. He might eat them and you do not want to take a chance of that.

Describe his cage. You could free range him if you have a safe place to do it, could enlarge his cage, offer him more climbing routes, to use up that energy. If he's constantly stressed by something outside the cage or feels insecure, he may be trying to escape to someplace better. If he can see a big gorgeous tree or something through a window he may be trying to get there.

sorry for the delay but heres some pictures of his cage.
IMG_20120209_221925.jpg

IMG_20120209_221819.jpg

Later today i was thinking about going to lowes to see if i can find a nice live plant for him because he used to love his ficus but i killed it a while back. Hes about 9mo old now, had MBD around 4mo but was taken to the vet immediatley and stoped it asap. he didnt have any physical deformities except for his front left leg. he fractured it and the vet said that he was too little to splint. his dustings include reg calcium every other feeding, reptivite 2x a month , and Calcium WITH D3 3x a month as recommended by his vet. She said he most likey had MBD from the breeder because i had to take him to the vet only a few weeks after i got him.

i gotta warn you if you fr i think you should be prepaired to free range all the time. i started a little here and there now my boy is on the door everymorning when i wake open the door right up his vine hanging from the ceiling not saying its bad at all but be prepaired theyre happier out the cage cant wait till the new house when he can safely go fr.

the only thing i dont like about having a free rage for him is that he scares me with his leg some times. he can stull use it and it has a strong grip but he cannot bend or move it as much as he should. i have only noticed him fall when hes scared and trying to run away but im not sure if hes ready. he really loves his live plants but if those dont work ill try to FR. i used to FR my first cham, a jacksons so im not 100% new to the idea but i would improve on it.

Back
Top Bottom