Let him go outside today

Bonsy

So i live in Colorado and today it was in the 70's and my panther is really warming up to my he doesnt mind being in my hands, its the 4th day with him and hes just been doing great so i took him out on the deck and let him climb on some old bearded dragon stuff we had, he was outside for like 40 minutes and he was just beautiful. how often do you guys take your chams outside?:cool:

(he's 4 and 1/2 months old)

As long as the temps are right. They can't get enough real sun.:)I am in Ft. Collins and am wishing I didn't have to work inside today it's beautiful out there!

yea im in castle rock and its just looking awesome, the weekends looking nice to, but im a little worried because all he ate today was 1 cricket and he wont eat anything else and is just drinking water and getting misted

Hey fellow Coloradans

So, tell me more about your set ups and how you keep the humidity going please? I'm in Monument - and wow it is beautiful.

I'm WANTING, but concerned about proper conditions. And did you purchase on line your cham or local?

Thanks folks

I purchased my baby from Screameleons. Humidity is rough round' these parts:) I crammed her enclosure with as many live plants as I could fit and covered 3 sides of her cage with the plastic sheeting that you blow-dry on your windows in winter time. I hand mist for a few minutes 3 times a day and I have an automatic mister set to run for 30 sec. every hour. It is tough to maintain proper humidity in CO but it is possible and not too hard if you get crafty.

as much as i can as long as its not too hot and not too cold. its been in the 70s and dropping into the upper 50s at night so they been out the past 2 days

i purchased mine from chameleons northwest but they actually advertised on this site, my enclosure is a hibiscus with some branches, it's kinda a jungle gym, my mist king should be coming in today within an hour or 2, right now i just spray down the whole cage every hour and a half because the air is very dry here, i also have a humidifier that i put on max and the dripper going. it's hard to keep the humidity up but i think it's fine.

Is there supposed to be a certain age when chams will like to be outside, because my baby girl seems to hate it. She turns a really dark green and doesn't move at all. :/

It's supposed to be warm here in Colorado for the next few days. How about some pics of your chams enjoying it? I may try to get Mr Peabody outside at some point to see how he likes it. But I'll be cleaning bird cages a lot this weekend unfortunately.

I've been looking for owners in Colorado for months! And there are three on this page! My panther absolutely hates going outside. Even on a his outside plants he hates it. I've had him about 3 weeks now and anytime he goes outside its like an instant black. So no more outside for him!

I've only had Mr Peabody since Wednesday, but when he's doing serious basking in his cage he always seems to be very dark green. Black and Dark Green in nature absorb the most amount of light, whereas the lighter colors are the opposite. Maybe his turning black is a good thing? Maybe someone who knows for sure can chime in. Maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about. lol

Back
Top Bottom