Thermometer and heat bulb recommendations

ChameleonClem

Established Member
So i just moved my guy into his new xl 24 in wide zoomed cage from the L 18 in cage the night before last so were on day 2.
My basking spot is farther away from him now because I wanted it to be big enough for him as an adult. Plus i have a double deep dome lamp so the bulb is pretty far away from him. Im currently using a 60 watt flukers incandescent.
In the old cage it warmed my hand and he seemed happy with it.
He has immediately stopped screen climbing but he is often under his lamp now. When he is, he is dark and sometimes leaning to the side for more surface area. Hes not under the lamp constantly. When he is not under the lamp he is normal colors and seems to be exploring his new area.
I also am in need of a thermometer with a probe preferably with humidity built in. I keep getting duds when i buy.
Should i be concerned about it being to cold?
what bulb do you recommend?
What thermometer with probe do you
recommend?

I had good luck with the thermpro, sensor push and inkbird sensors you can get them to link to Bluetooth or wifi and get full day data to make the right adjustments to your cage and see the results over time. Very valuable tools for getting temp / humidity just right.

Most keepers have probe style and infrared thermometers to check temps 20-40 $ you can get a temp gun and a sensor or two and. Be set up for success.

Back
Top Bottom