Learn Fecals at the Nov South Bay Chameleon Keepers Meeting!

DeremensisBlue

Chameleon Enthusiast
Site Sponsor
The South Bay Chameleon Keepers is a group of people that get together in Southern California on a monthly basis to discuss chameleon related issues and put on chameleon related events. Meetings are open to all.

Our November South Bay Chameleon Keepers meeting will be held at a new location – the Hurley campus in Costa Mesa! Save Saturday Nov 16 on your calendar for a chameleon filled afternoon.
Our special topic this meeting will be performing your own fecals. Fecal tests are critical for removing parasites from your chameleon’s life. An animal must be tested regularly as sometimes an infected animal will still give a negative reading at certain times. If that certain time is when you take the fecal in to be tested at your vet then you could be missing something important! Our own Dave Weldon will be giving the tutorial. For those that haven’t had the pleasure of meeting Dave, he is the original co-founder of our group. Throughout his time with chameleons he has gathered enormous experience and knowledge which he shares freely and generously. Learn to do your own fecals will save you money and give a better life for your chameleon!

Particulars:
Date: Saturday, Nov 16
Time: 2PM to 5PM
Address:
Hurley International
1945 Placentia Ave
Costa Mesa, CA 92627

Food. Our meetings always have a food table which fills up with tasty items that we all bring to share. Anything from chips to homemade pastries to water to beer are to be found! Bring your favorite dish or drink to share!
Chameleons. You are encouraged to bring your chameleon friend(s) with you as long as they are properly housed and are tame enough to handle being around people. Every chameleon should be brought in a safe retreat that they may retire to and feel safe if there is an issue.
Sellable items. There will be a table set-up for you to display appropriate chameleon items for sale. Chameleon babies, feeders, husbandry items, or art are examples of good things to bring.

If you have any questions, message me here or send an email to [email protected].

See you there!
Bill Strand
SBCK

SouthBay Chameleon Keepers Meeting Coming Up!

The next SBCK meeting is next Saturday! Things to remember:
1) Do Your Own Fecals - We will have a tutorial on doing your own fecals. This is a great chance for you to bring in your own samples (from your chameleons, please) to have them analyzed.
2) Chameleon Portraits - We will have photographers there who will take pictures of your chameleons. Bring your arboreal friend for his/her own photoshoot!
3) Product Tables - If you have anything chameleon related to sell we will have tables set-up for you to place products. Items brought in the past include animals, equipment, feeders, arts and crafts. It is best to private message me here and let me know what you will be bringing. I can make sure that we accommodate everyone and could let people know ahead of time what they could see at the meeting.

I look forward to seeing you all there!
Bill Strand
SBCK

Sounds like fun!

I'll be bringing some mantids and dubias for sale. If you want any particular size dubia, send me a PM.

Plus I'll bring something yummy for the humans!

SBCK November 2013 is today

SBCK Meeting is today at the Hurley Campus in Costa Mesa!
Date: Saturday, Nov 16
Time: 2PM to 5PM
Address:
Hurley International
1945 Placentia Ave
Costa Mesa, CA 92627

Things to remember:
1) Do Your Own Fecals - We will have a tutorial on doing your own fecals. Members are welcome to bring a fecal sample from their chameleon for testing. How to? Find a fresh deposit, pick it up with a clean paper towel, put it in a labeled ziplocbag, and keep it in the fridge until you are ready to go to the meeting. We always think of fecal samples being a wild-caught thing. But chameleons can get parasites from their food as well. Consider bringing one from an animal you are "sure" is clean and we can see if he has stayed clean!
2) Chameleon Portraits - We will have photographers there who will take pictures of your chameleons. Bring your arboreal friend for his/her own photoshoot!
3) Product Tables - If you have anything chameleon related to sell we will have tables set-up for you to place products. Items brought in the past include animals, equipment, feeders, arts and crafts.

As always, bring something tasty to share with the group!

I look forward to seeing you all there!
Bill Strand

Back
Top Bottom