Laying eggs

A19BED9B-6690-45CF-B437-7CDEEDBAE9AB.jpeg
This was October 25th.

I’ve got a female chameleon about one year old that has eggs I noticed Gravid coloration mid October over the weeks she has gotten quite bigger and now the eggs are visible from her skin. It has been about four weeks I had a laying bin in her cage that she showed interest in was hovering over it perching on the sides walking around in it through out the day but no digging she is still eating but considerably less this last week. I put her in a seperate laying bin that is bigger in size, (5 gallon bucket) outside of her cage Using moist soil I bought from the serpentarium. I’ve got the lights over the laying bin, a small plant inside and a thin sheet covering the top for privacy she has been in there since noon and still nothing I’m trying not to look to much but I’m worried about her. When I checked on her she covered up the test hole I made for her but still is obviously full of eggs. She had a couple calcium dusted crickets today and a Phoenix worm. Have misted the laying bin a couple times. Should I leave her in there over night? Should i set a timer to wake up and check on her? Is she just not ready yet since she is not digging? She still is active and moving around fine but I’m worried as it has been 33 days since I noticed gravid colors and still no eggs she is my first chameleon and this will be her first clutch

My suggestion is to start a new thread in the health clinic topic. Answer the questions in the pinned message as completely as possible. Here is a link: https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/ Include the pics you posted down thread, too.

I’ve got a female chameleon about one year old that has eggs I noticed Gravid coloration mid October over the weeks she has gotten quite bigger and now the eggs are visible from her skin. It has been about four weeks I had a laying bin in her cage that she showed interest in was hovering over it perching on the sides walking around in it through out the day but no digging she is still eating but considerably less this last week. I put her in a seperate laying bin that is bigger in size, (5 gallon bucket) outside of her cage Using moist soil I bought from the serpentarium. I’ve got the lights over the laying bin, a small plant inside and a thin sheet covering the top for privacy she has been in there since noon and still nothing I’m trying not to look to much but I’m worried about her. When I checked on her she covered up the test hole I made for her but still is obviously full of eggs. She had a couple calcium dusted crickets today and a Phoenix worm. Have misted the laying bin a couple times. Should I leave her in there over night? Should i set a timer to wake up and check on her? Is she just not ready yet since she is not digging? She still is active and moving around fine but I’m worried as it has been 33 days since I noticed gravid colors and still no eggs she is my first chameleon and this will be her first clutch
Please start your own thread and fill out this form, please, along with posting pics of your cham and her cage and lay bins https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/
Edit; sorry, didn’t see there were more posts. Still do as listed above, though

If she covered your hole that means she was digging and you may have interrupted her. Put her in the bin and leave her be.

You should still start your own thread so you can get the advice you need.

Back
Top Bottom