Laying eggs

Is there a different exotics vet near you?
She’s at the top of the cage now, she’s acting very unusual. She will occasionally open her mouth and breath out of it for a second almost likes a pant like she’s too hot or something but I checked the temp and it’s only at 81 degrees. She still isn’t really moving. Last night I did what the vet said and force fed her and today it looks like she’s trying to Throw it up but nothing coming out

She’s at the top of the cage now, she’s acting very unusual. She will occasionally open her mouth and breath out of it for a second almost likes a pant like she’s too hot or something but I checked the temp and it’s only at 81 degrees. She still isn’t really moving. Last night I did what the vet said and force fed her and today it looks like she’s trying to Throw it up but nothing coming out
@Brodybreaux25 or @jannb some help please?

My chameleon- veiled,female,unknown age,

Handling-Maybe like once every week and a half (she will go to the door of the cage when I walk in my room)

Feeding- mostly crickets about 10

Supplements- zoo med Repti calcium(without d3)

I dust them every time I feed her

Fluker’s reptile vitamin

About once every two weeks

Watering- dripper is always on, I mist her three times a day, morning evening and night. Yes she drinks a lot

Fecal description- white, not been tested

History- I got her as a birthday present October 5 2018 from petsmart

Cage

Screen

16X16X30

Lighting- Zoo Med reptisum 10.0 uvb

100W reptile bulb

8:30 AM-8:30 PM

Temperature

Basking- 80 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit

Bottom of cage- 75 Fahrenheit

Humidity- the meter I use always stays at 70-80

Plants- no living ones

Placement- near my bed, I use a fan at night but I cover up her cage with a sheet everying night to block the light

Location- Georgia

Question- my veiled chameleon has laid eggs for the first time she buried them and evening but she’s just sitting over the nest not doing anything. Do I need to do something or just let her leave. She’s been there for a while.

Hey just curious as to what she laid her eggs in? I have a female and I’m just looking for good ideas

Go to Walmart or any drug store and buy a few syringes they use to give babies liquid medicine. If they don’t have one on the shelf you may have to buy some kids medicine with the syringe in the box.
FDCDE977-29EB-44E0-B4B8-B99771B07E19.png

Go to Walmart or any drug store and buy a few syringes they use to give babies liquid medicine. If they don’t have one on the shelf you may have to buy some kids medicine with the syringe in the box.
View attachment 217374
It’s took late, she’s dead unfortunately. But I do know why. After she started turning black and I watched her take her final breath she fell Into my hand. I felt her stomach and there was a single egg still In her. The vet I went to told me that he couldn’t feel any after she laid so I woundnt need a x ray but there was an egg still in her. That is what I think killed her. I’m pretty bummed out right now

It’s took late, she’s dead unfortunately. But I do know why. After she started turning black and I watched her take her final breath she fell Into my hand. I felt her stomach and there was a single egg still In her. The vet I went to told me that he couldn’t feel any after she laid so I woundnt need a x ray but there was an egg still in her. That is what I think killed her. I’m pretty bummed out right now
I’m so sorry! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

I’ve got a female chameleon about one year old that has eggs I noticed Gravid coloration mid October over the weeks she has gotten quite bigger and now the eggs are visible from her skin. It has been about four weeks I had a laying bin in her cage that she showed interest in was hovering over it perching on the sides walking around in it through out the day but no digging she is still eating but considerably less this last week. I put her in a seperate laying bin that is bigger in size, (5 gallon bucket) outside of her cage Using moist soil I bought from the serpentarium. I’ve got the lights over the laying bin, a small plant inside and a thin sheet covering the top for privacy she has been in there since noon and still nothing I’m trying not to look to much but I’m worried about her. When I checked on her she covered up the test hole I made for her but still is obviously full of eggs. She had a couple calcium dusted crickets today and a Phoenix worm. Have misted the laying bin a couple times. Should I leave her in there over night? Should i set a timer to wake up and check on her? Is she just not ready yet since she is not digging? She still is active and moving around fine but I’m worried as it has been 33 days since I noticed gravid colors and still no eggs she is my first chameleon and this will be her first clutch

Back
Top Bottom