Laying bin

Jocccellynnn

Established Member
So I’m working on making my laying bin today, would this soil be okay it’s organic and pet and people safe?

Attachments

• 47C7DCA0-B2C8-48A4-A035-3683132AD66F.jpeg
    47C7DCA0-B2C8-48A4-A035-3683132AD66F.jpeg
    336.2 KB · Views: 47
Okay, I’ve already watched this video.but that’s organic soil isn’t it?
I believe it is play sand... I have not watched it in a long time. Play sand holds a tunnel. Soil alone can collapse. Some will do a 50/50 mix as well.

Just make sure it does not have the perlite in it.

I believe it is play sand... I have not watched it in a long time. Play sand holds a tunnel. Soil alone can collapse. Some will do a 50/50 mix as well.

Just make sure it does not have the perlite in it.
Okay I’ll pick up some play sand later when I go out and try it out. But I also had a question, she does not look Gravid, but I wanted to put the lay bin in now, but will it dry out?

I’ve used plain play sand and it worked great. I’ve also mixed in about half organic soil and that worked just as well. I had a plant in the corner of my lay bin so had to keep it moist. When I suspect my girls are ready to lay, I make sure the bin is moist enough all the way thru. I misjudged moisture once and my poor Stella decided she likes to dig horizontally across the whole bin and her tunnel collapsed on her. I had no choice but to dig her out. Thankfully she went right back to digging the next day and uneventfully laid her eggs.

Back
Top Bottom