LaserGecko Misting System

Yes, you do need a digital timer for multiple programing. It works great!!!

Here is another important point: Jason's pump is good to run for the time you need; I have heard of other that can only do 1 or 2 minutes at a time.

Think you'll have to buy a timer to do that. I got a nice digital one at Lowes I can program for as many times and length as I want. Laser may have them too though..

Yeah, not sure where Jason gets his but the one he got me is great. I have it set to come on 4 different times for 2 minutes each. (I may need to adjust the on time after I watch it for a few days.) It also has a battery for backup so you do not loose settings if power goes out.

Jim

hey is this where you connect the pump to a faucet thing?
or the one that you can put the water inside the machine?

You need some sort of reservoir for the pump to draw the water from. Jason offers a nice 5+gal square sided container that works great.

Laser may have them too though..

I'm working on my own custom timer that's similar to the repeat cycle timer (adjust the delay, adjust the run time), but hopefully will be able to run inline between the power supply and the pump. It's designed and working in the simulator, but I just need to get it built in real life.

Until then, that Intermatic is the best alternative...and they're available at fine misting suppliers all over the internet. :)

as a pro mist owner i wouldn't buy *any* of the auto setups. IMO it's all a ripoff. really, this thread is just incredibly annoying to me, it reads like a damn info-mercial. did he pay you guys for those testimonials?? ? j/k... kinda. if mine wasn't gifted to me i would have went DIY, and for anyone considering purchase v DIY my suggestion will be DIY every time.

really, if buying a pump + mist head, and attaching the 2 of them w/ tubing is 'too much' of a DIY project, then ya probably have bigger problems than setting up a mist system.

Well not that a lot of people around have time on their hands or gifted craftmanship to deal with a DIY Thing-Of-Ma-Gig. People like me who have the cash to toss out on a setup that works is what most of us are willing to pay and from that setup and from prices I've seen from others is that is a smooth deal that somone took time into building, finding the right products that do the job and do it quietly while providing a complete setup that will suit most anyones needs for whatever application they may have a need for such.

Where did the hate come from? Not trying to make this into something more then what it is where a memeber of this forum bought a setup and is happy with it and from the looks of it I'd sure buy it if I didn't already have something that was already working for myself.

Last edited:
as a pro mist owner i wouldn't buy *any* of the auto setups. IMO it's all a ripoff. really, this thread is just incredibly annoying to me, it reads like a damn info-mercial. did he pay you guys for those testimonials?? ? j/k... kinda. if mine wasn't gifted to me i would have went DIY, and for anyone considering purchase v DIY my suggestion will be DIY every time.

really, if buying a pump + mist head, and attaching the 2 of them w/ tubing is 'too much' of a DIY project, then ya probably have bigger problems than setting up a mist system.

Not sure why you would say it is a rip-off? Some of us do not know all. I am sure it is real easy for those that have one to look at. I am looking at both methods, but really like it when I can just buy something that takes just minutes to get going. My time is worth Millions:D

Yea, sure.. Ok, riiight. I just find your post incredbily annoying... Did somebody pay you to post this?

Why did you waist your time reading the thread if it annoys you?

I would rather get a quality product then pinching my pennies and having to pinch them again and again when the DIY breaks.

I was going to go for misting when i first got my cage and everything, but i just made my own water dripping system for the time being, and i have decided to stick with it. seems to me that my cham likes to take the drops from the hose i have at the top of the cage and just let them roll in his mouth.

Mightyzug,

I have great, FREE cure for your problem, and best of all, very simple, since you are a DIY type guy:

When you see a post that don't like, STOP CLICKING ON IT!!!!!

And by the way, I just got $250 to write this to you.

Back
Top Bottom