LaserGecko Misting System

Mesnik

Now, here is a deal gone absolutely great!!!

After one month of hand spraying, I decided to go auto-misting... So I ran into LaserGecko man.

To make it short, you can go to his web page herpmist.com and see the products. He only has one pump, and IT IS great! You cannot tell the pump is running, other than seeing the nice fine mist coming out.

He sent everything nicely packaged and the installation couldn't be more easy. Just push in the tubes, plug the pump, small hole on the cage for the nozzle with the nice acrylic adapter and you are in business.

I feel that good service is something that should be expected but it is rare these days... well, with Jason, I got an outstanding one!!

The best of all: Izzy LOVES that fine mist over the hand spray!!!!

Thanks Jason!

(and thanks Chad for letting me know!)

Roberto.

I too am tired of the hand misting, it is just to hard of a mist for my cham. I really love the fine mist spraying for the chams, it seems to really not bother them as much. I am looking into getting a system. I want pump, timer, tubing, 2-3 spray nozzles, hose and connections and water reservoir. So why would I buy from Herpmist instead of Pro mist? Nothing against either one, but would I benefit from one or the other? It looks like they both are priced the same for what I want. I want a quiet pump, and easy setup. Any sugestions? I think that $180.00 is alot for what you are getting, but it would be worth it. I am not sure if I want to go find everything myself to try to save a few dollars. I do believe the pumps are around $100.00.

Thanks for the kind words, Roberto! Glad Izzy likes it. It's nice to see a cham moving towards the mist instead of away from it (like my girl did with the HabbaMist).

Yeap, $137.

I tried the Home Depot way first. Spent $50 with no success.

Then I looked around what was available. You can find cheaper systems but you will FOR sure get "cheaper" products.

My post was not to convince or adverstise. It was to inform those that are on the same boat that I was and were looking for a second opinion (a guinea pig perhaps?!)

Take care,
r.

Yeap, $137.

I tried the Home Depot way first. Spent $50 with no success.

Then I looked around what was available. You can find cheaper systems but you will FOR sure get "cheaper" products.

My post was not to convince or adverstise. It was to inform those that are on the same boat that I was and were looking for a second opinion (a guinea pig perhaps?!)

Take care,
r.

I am glad to see someone has tried it, since it is new. And that they are PLEASED. That is a great start..

more than sure I can make my own auto-mister by buying parts at home depot or any hardware store.

Yes, there are cheaper ways to DIY, but you won't find these parts at Home Depot or any hardware store. The nozzles are a PITA to get, for sure. I could sell everything else that's out there on the market, but the bitterness of poor quality will be remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

Compare it to the other systems on the market and how much your time is worth.

I'd buy it if I didn't have one that already worked. I find the price comfortable myself. I would continue to recommend it. True dat is that if you want something that works out of the box then this sure looks like a product to be pointing out.

Bg77,

I couldn't help you on your comparisson, maybe Jason can.

I can assure you that this pump IS quite (I am very picky in that matter and this was for me #1 requirement). I have it sitting on the hardwood floor (for the moment) and you cannot hear it!

The one point I can make why Jason over the other guys: He is less expensive (when you compare "apples to apples"!!) cause he doesn't have a brand or overhead!!!

Now, like a said before, there may be cheaper systems out there, and they might suite you. But you will definitely get you pay for. And it is okay to go with cheaper systems too.

This sounded like a lot of bla bla :D ...hope it helped though?!

Howdy,

Having been down the make-your-own mist system and then finally buying a purpose-built solution, I know that in the end, I was happiest with products like HerpMist, MistKing and Pro-Products (Pro-Mist pump). All three of these businesses sell a pump that is excellent. I really like the nozzles and nozzle assemblies sold by HerpMist and MistKing. I like the polyurethane tubing sold by Pro-Products but the polypropylene sold by the others is okay too. In fact, I'm ordering a pump from HerpMist in a few minutes to install at a friend's store. I'm upgrading his existing Hudson pump-up system that mists 6 enclosures with a pump for better, simpler operation. I hope to do the upgrade next weekend :).

Glad you like it man! Jason might make his way over tomorrow so we can set up my reptile room... We will take lots of good pics for all to see. Enjoy! :)

Bg77,

I couldn't help you on your comparisson, maybe Jason can.

I can assure you that this pump IS quite (I am very picky in that matter and this was for me #1 requirement). I have it sitting on the hardwood floor (for the moment) and you cannot hear it!

The one point I can make why Jason over the other guys: He is less expensive (when you compare "apples to apples"!!) cause he doesn't have a brand or overhead!!!

Now, like a said before, there may be cheaper systems out there, and they might suite you. But you will definitely get you pay for. And it is okay to go with cheaper systems too.

This sounded like a lot of bla bla :D ...hope it helped though?!

I don't necessarily want cheaper. My local pet store sells the Habba mist, but they do not use them in there store????? I am not a dummy. I want a good system, I do not want to hassle with crap. I would buy all the stuff myself if I thought I could save allot. But, I really don't think I could save that much. I was going to buy from Pro Mist, but now I am not sure.

Yes, there are cheaper ways to DIY, but you won't find these parts at Home Depot or any hardware store. The nozzles are a PITA to get, for sure. I could sell everything else that's out there on the market, but the bitterness of poor quality will be remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

Compare it to the other systems on the market and how much your time is worth.

I can second that. Home depot and Lowes had zero nozzles and no pump to create a misting system. And I can vouch for Lasergecko to if you need misting system parts.

Now, here is a deal gone absolutely great!!!

After one month of hand spraying, I decided to go auto-misting... So I ran into LaserGecko man.

To make it short, you can go to his web page herpmist.com and see the products. He only has one pump, and IT IS great! You cannot tell the pump is running, other than seeing the nice fine mist coming out.

He sent everything nicely packaged and the installation couldn't be more easy. Just push in the tubes, plug the pump, small hole on the cage for the nozzle with the nice acrylic adapter and you are in business.

I feel that good service is something that should be expected but it is rare these days... well, with Jason, I got an outstanding one!!

The best of all: Izzy LOVES that fine mist over the hand spray!!!!

Thanks Jason!

(and thanks Chad for letting me know!)

Roberto.

I was going to post something similar in the next couple of days, but since this was already sent . . .

I too purchased a setup from Jason. I agree with all of above from the original post. Jason is an upstanding business man who stands behind his product. He answered all my questions, the product was packed and shipped as well as it could (I actually want to save the box since it is very sturdy), and even called me personally to address a last second question I had on installation.

The installation was simple and quick. Yes the pump is very quiet and the mist is a very fine mist. Gets the humidity up to specks without flooding out the cage! I also had Jason include a digital timer since I did not know one from another and the one he selected is great! (This is an option but still worth noting.)

Now I do not have a lot of $ to spend, at the same time I did not want to try every alternative out there or attempt to build my own setup. Plus I was sick of the hand spraying! I believe all the pieces and the total product of Jason's are well worth the investment.

I chose Jason because I support the small business "person" and want to support those on this forum. I do not know everyone on this forum or who they are associated with (business), at the same time Jason did his marketing here on the forum and caught my eye.

All things being equal (and I am not sure if they are since I have not tried every product, But I will stand by Jason's.) I would do it again.

So that is my opinion of the product. I would be happy to answer any other questions as a customer. Also, I plan on taking a short video of it working and will post in the next few days.

Now if someone would only make a roach feeder that keeps them moving but not all over the place I would be your first customer!

hey is it automated too?
It will be sweet if i can program it to mist 2 times a day for 5 minutes per misting.
So, I don't have to worry about going home too late to mist the enclosure.

hey is it automated too?
It will be sweet if i can program it to mist 2 times a day for 5 minutes per misting.
So, I don't have to worry about going home too late to mist the enclosure.

Think you'll have to buy a timer to do that. I got a nice digital one at Lowes I can program for as many times and length as I want. Laser may have them too though..

hey is this where you connect the pump to a faucet thing?
or the one that you can put the water inside the machine?

Back
Top Bottom