Large feeders

Kyle is great I agree, though his prices tend to hurt, you can usually find roaches you will never find anywhere else. I use him a lot for starter colonies of the more obscure species. But I usually do a ton of research before hand, because I can easily spend 80+ dollars on a more expensive roach there for just 25-30 nymphs XD.

But his roaches are beautiful and healthy specimens. I do not recommend feeding off the adults or nymphs you get from him the first time, since he is specifically an insect hobbiest and they don't worry much about high protein levels or avoiding certain gutload ingredients etc.

From what I know he has a backlog of orders he is working through due to a huge! move for him and his business. So you may have to wait a bit if you try to order.
Yeah, last time I ordered it took a while but he still came through. Is he really more expensive? From what I've seen his prices are the best for what I can find. Of course, it sometimes only includes nymphs for the more obscure species but still.

Yeah he's more expensive... but I am on a lot of insect forums so maybe that's why?

@Extensionofgreen Thanks for giving me all that info. Definitely keeping note. I was under the impression they should even have more water (30-60min mistings a few times a day, plus a dripper). I'm going to try and catch bugs with the light method up at my camp maybe once a week or so. Idk if in the city I'll be able to get much, although I have seen one giant katydid and a few other crazy looking bugs in my garage. I worry though, Pittsburgh isn't exactly known for its pollution-free environment. For lighting, I'd like to go with T5ho, but I'm concerned about heat. Still up in the air with that, but I'll figure it out. Im aware they are prone to mouth infections and foot sores. I'll need to make a routine for checking these things and preventing them. I guess I'm getting a little off track from this thread sorry guys.

I'm going to look into all of these bugs mentioned! I'll probably get discoids and maybe 1-2 more roach species. If I can find snails I'll feed them too, although I don't feel like cleaning them daily. Wonder if there's a bio way to deal with their slime trails. Sticks and mantis will probably be treats.

I really like my discoids. They're bigger than dubia and I find they reproduce quickly. I was able to start feeding from my colony after about 4-5 months.

You can PM me for details about lighting and managing the heat.
It is the work week, so I may not reply for a few days.
Watering that much isn't needed. If you can do 3 15 mins sessions a day and 3 days a week with 15 mins and 30 mins, that would be more than sufficient.

Well if your dubias go to waste then you may want to be careful about the roach species you add. You will want something with the same energy levels and enticement of those roach species that are already readily accepted by your chams.

Back
Top Bottom