Kinyongia oxyrhina

Cainschams

Last but not least, from my personal favorite and greatest genus EVER, my oxyrhina male. Ive been playing hell with the tip of his nose when he sheds. There is always some left over in the same spot and this guy stresses to the max if I try to mess with it. Hopefully it doesnt eventually fall off after more sheds. For those who dont know it is actually soft and bendy.

061-1.jpg

062-1.jpg

071-1.jpg

And this concludes the series of shower pics. Hope you guys enjoy the pictures as much as I do the animals:)

Superb animal! I'd love to work with them some day, but my first goal now is to breed an F2 generation of K. tenuis.

Thanks, Joery!! This guy is pretty darn cool! Very shy and hides most of the time looking all skinny like a stick:D He will snag crickets from me and come out of hiding when there are flies buzzing about. Hopefully one day I can get him a female or two.

I wish you luck on the F2 tenuis!! That would be a huge accomplishment! By the looks of your F1 animals you are definitely heading down the right track:)

Jared, just ridiculously cool. Such a badass species. Seriously keep that dude, you never know what could come this next year...and we all know how hard oxys and xenos are to acclimate. Since this guy has been with you awhile, you can assume he's a scrapper!:D;) He'll make a nice daddy someday.

Jared, just ridiculously cool. Such a badass species. Seriously keep that dude, you never know what could come this next year...and we all know how hard oxys and xenos are to acclimate. Since this guy has been with you awhile, you can assume he's a scrapper!:D;) He'll make a nice daddy someday.

Thanks, Chad!! You know you will be the first to know if I ever do need to find him a good home;) Its a shame about the nose but the way it is shaped you can see how hard it is to pick excess shed from that spot:eek: I just keep the humidity up, lots of watering and a small bit of mineral oil when he sheds. If I were to pick it off I would have to use a needle and as much as this species flips, flops and squirms around it would seem its better to do what I am doing rather than poke holes in his nose with a needle along with it being much less stressful for him. Any changes in the environment really stresses him out and also human interaction. Although he is a bit more used to me. At least he doesnt drop and flop out of his bush every time I walk by the cage anymore. Such a very very shy species.

Last edited:
I knew you were a nose picker. Great looking guy!

LOL!!! You know it! Thanks!

On a side note. I had such a weird dream last night or this morning. My ex girlfriend and you were seeing each other. I was like, WTF!!!!, you are dating Chuck G:confused: And then I asked you what your wife was doing and if she liked skinny guys with tattoos:rolleyes: Thats about all I can remember:D

Thanks, Scott!! I hope some come in too! But in the second F1 shipment because I want to pair up this tempeli and hopefully, almost praying, goetzei. I wont have 2 grand to spend on chameleons if everything I need comes in at once:rolleyes:

LOL!!! You know it! Thanks!

On a side note. I had such a weird dream last night or this morning. My ex girlfriend and you were seeing each other. I was like, WTF!!!!, you are dating Chuck G:confused: And then I asked you what your wife was doing and if she liked skinny guys with tattoos:rolleyes: Thats about all I can remember:D

Thanks, Scott!! I hope some come in too! But in the second F1 shipment because I want to pair up this tempeli and hopefully, almost praying, goetzei. I wont have 2 grand to spend on chameleons if everything I need comes in at once:rolleyes:

That's some good stuff!

Back
Top Bottom