Paranoid Newbie???

The Mister is so worth it , one can still hand mist , we do still . If you can't get home there's never a panic . Chameleon care is expensive initially . Once there set up and correctly not so bad . Unless one is taking in rehabs or has one like Frances whom see's vets frequent . Chameleon bank accounts is needed (y).
For example, on weekdays I am never around when the mist king goes off all 4 times. If I were reliant on just hand misting, it would be morning, lunch, and after lunch again, which was fine, but it really took a lot of the stress and pressure off. Now I can relax knowing he's hydrated, and his enclosure has been a pretty steady 75% humidity well after the misting has ended, so it helps maintain that humidity for a happy cham and happy plants

@Kristen Wilkins not for the lighting, but you had mentioned that you use an aquarium heater for your 5gal. bucket that acts as the reservoir for the Mist King system? If that is correct, I was just curious if you knew what wattage of aquarium heater it was you were using; I very much liked your solution to keeping the water warm for the babes. If not, I've been reading and researching A LOT the past week and my mind must be going crazy and I mixed it up with someone/somewhere else LOL!

@Traildrifterphalanx I'm 100% getting the Mist King system, which version did you opt for if you don't mind my asking: the Starter, Ultimate, or Advanced? I liked your set-up in your cage a lot from your photos. Is the nozzle still inside the cage? Do you find Vedool Ja bumping it a lot yet? I'm hoping (price wise) the Starter version would work well for a single chameleon cage. Does anyone else have insight into this? The peace of mind the mister will afford me ultimately is worth any cost, but I like to pinch pennies when I can.

Just the starter kit alone is good for I think up to ten nozzles. I use the stater :) I got mine from big Al's I think it was with a $10 off $100 coupon.

The nozzle is inside, and he hasn't appeared to have messed with it yet.

Attachments

• IMAG4058.jpg
    IMAG4058.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 120
Just as a heads up, setting it up can be tricky. You'll need some things not included like the reservoir, a drill, a razor blade (I didn't use one but it can be helpful)

I also had to buy caulk to stop a leak from the drill hole in the reservoir, but I didn't have the appropriate sized drill bit so had to make several clustered small holes

@Kristen Wilkins not for the lighting, but you had mentioned that you use an aquarium heater for your 5gal. bucket that acts as the reservoir for the Mist King system? If that is correct, I was just curious if you knew what wattage of aquarium heater it was you were using; I very much liked your solution to keeping the water warm for the babes. If not, I've been reading and researching A LOT the past week and my mind must be going crazy and I mixed it up with someone/somewhere else LOL!

@Traildrifterphalanx I'm 100% getting the Mist King system, which version did you opt for if you don't mind my asking: the Starter, Ultimate, or Advanced? I liked your set-up in your cage a lot from your photos. Is the nozzle still inside the cage? Do you find Vedool Ja bumping it a lot yet? I'm hoping (price wise) the Starter version would work well for a single chameleon cage. Does anyone else have insight into this? The peace of mind the mister will afford me ultimately is worth any cost, but I like to pinch pennies when I can.
It's for a 20 gallon aquarium . I'm not sure of wattage but you can set it to a temperature . Looks like a stick . It was for one of our aquariums we are not using . We also have a floating temperature gauge water sits around 100 . It loses temperature running through hoses sprays out warm to the touch . Just make sure you are good about keeping reserve full . We have the clymist not mistingking . Misting king is great though .

Back
Top Bottom