Kinda Baby Veiled Chameleon Escape Please Help!!!!!!

TheMusicalCham

Established Member
Hi everyone my veiled chameleon who is about 4 weeks old and is as large if not a little larger than my hand has escaped from his cage. I was going to be late for marching band so after I fed him his 10 or so dusted crickets and misted him with my mister (I mist him about 6x daily) I totally forgot to close his cage and when I came back to say hi and mist him he was gone! I've searched for HOURS. I even had some of my fraternity brothers and sisters search my entire house and we still couldn't find him. I've left some pothos vine and other fake vines/branches trailing off of a chair with a full spectrum light bulb/lamp on at night (It just happened today) near his enclosure so I'm hoping my baby comes back. I'm so worried and in tears I have no other animals just him so I think he's safe but I just want to find him. :( Please is there anything else I can do? I've checked all of my chords, wires, plugs, everything high I'm just so worried.

Anyway, I've had a similar scare to you, if you haven't done so already search every high spot you can think of/find, the tops of curtain rails, lamps, look for surfaces/objects that reach up that he could have climbed and then look for anything that he could reach from those sports. Just keep cool and take it slow, if you panic you may not spot him whilst searching frantically. Hope you find the little guy.

Look for anyplace in that room that's getting sunlight this morning, especially higher places he can climb up. He will want to bask and warm up.

10 years ago tried the free range thing with a female veiled. Well she didn't cooperate. Ended up finding her underneath a baby crib out of any direct light. Was a weird spot to find her. I would suggest looking in unlogical places as well. Plus at night he should stick out like a sore thumb making it easier.

I've checked everywhere this morning and I still can't find him. There's no way he could have gotten outside either so he has to be inside. :/

I've checked everywhere this morning and I still can't find him. There's no way he could have gotten outside either so he has to be inside. :/

Hope that you will find your little guy soon!
Check if he escaped the room, or in corners and on top off all things that he might reach!

Good luck!

Long shot?

Trying baiting him back in the enclosure? My Veiled loves banana and will just about do anything to get to it. Just throwing out ideas. Hope you find him.

Please post that he has been found since you posted that he has been in a new thread about him missing skin...I am so thankful that you found him. I was thinking if we were in the same town, I'd be happy to help you look for him. Hopefully everything will be just fine...I'm sure it will be too.

Back
Top Bottom