Killin Crickets

funkycox

Alright so my aquarium with all the crix in it tipped over and I have like 50 crix running around in my room. Any recomendations as to what is the best method to attract them to something to be caught or killed. Im sure Im not the only person this has happened to. I didnt get any sleep last night cause one chirps and I cant find the friggin thing to kill it.:mad:

lol. put some food in the midle of the room or somthing or in a dark corner. sugar? might work. That hapend to me 2. I cought them all by hand :mad: Took forever

Goto Lowes and in the pest cotrol section there are some glue boards by Tomcat. I use these around my apartment since I do get escapees every so often. I put a bit of gutload on them to attract the crix.

-roo

seems to me that they have super short lifespans...........so you could wait it out.

They wont multiply without the right conditions.

i really dont think you want them all dieng in your room....it will smell terible and it migth atract more bugs

same thing happened to me... just on a smaller scale... like 20-30... fortunately for me.. they were mediums so they didnt make noise...

anyways.. the way i fixed it... is i put egg cartons scattered around my room where i think they would be mainly... and once a day . i got hte egg carton.. usually had like 5-6 in it... then put em back in the cage .

let me kno if this idea works :)

same thing happened to me... just on a smaller scale... like 20-30... fortunately for me.. they were mediums so they didnt make noise...

anyways.. the way i fixed it... is i put egg cartons scattered around my room where i think they would be mainly... and once a day . i got hte egg carton.. usually had like 5-6 in it... then put em back in the cage .

let me kno if this idea works :)

i just did the same thing about 3 days ago... my cat knocked over 500 crickets into the room... very upseting, but i put a little bit of food in the cartons and it worked like a charm... sadly mine were Large crickets so there was nothing but noise!

Buy a half dozen golden geckos and let them loose. They will only cost a few dollars each if you find a wholesaler willing to part with that few.

They are your nightime cleanup crew. :) You wont see them much in the day though.

Buy a half dozen golden geckos and let them loose. They will only cost a few dollars each if you find a wholesaler willing to part with that few.

They are your nightime cleanup crew. :) You wont see them much in the day though.

Haha Then I have gecko's runnin around the dorm room as well.

If you have some lamps you can place them on the ground. Around that you can put the glue board. You could also put some tupperware lids with a light film of dish soap. They will be attracted to the light for heat and inadverntely get stuck. The light should speed up the process.

I got tired of the chirping and just got a can of raid. Did the job just fine. They have a bottle that has a straw attachment so it doesn't mist into the air. Worked like a charm.:D

wow.

y didnt we think of that?

Probably because of the danger of harming your chameleon, regardless of whether or not you think none got into the air or that it killed all the crickets. There is always a chance it won't and a cricket could get eaten by your cham, however slim. It seems to me that taking a few strips of duct tape and placing them upside down in a couple corners is a lot simpler and safer, not to mention cheaper...

Chris

Well Chris I probably would have gone the cheaper route but I also can't afford to fail. Its Exam week and Im trying to get in to Law school so sleep is much worth the 5 bucks for the can of raid. Don't worry Pee Wee's cage is elevated off the ground so none of the crix can climb back into his cage fo him to eat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom