My sweet baby boy.

Attachments

• 507C34A2-D81C-4910-B796-2BD20D582266.jpeg
    507C34A2-D81C-4910-B796-2BD20D582266.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 15
  • A97EB919-ABEA-4BE2-AFE7-8A6043F6F8B0.jpeg
    A97EB919-ABEA-4BE2-AFE7-8A6043F6F8B0.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 13
My sweet boy passed this afternoon. I’ve been a mess all day I think I’m going to take some time but please remember sweet Aiko he had such love for this big world. We are getting an autopsy performed and I will post updates. ❤️ Love your little ones for me.
i’m so sorry to hear this😖 take all the time you need and if you ever need anything never hesitate to reach out ❤️

My sweet boy passed this afternoon. I’ve been a mess all day I think I’m going to take some time but please remember sweet Aiko he had such love for this big world. We are getting an autopsy performed and I will post updates. ❤️ Love your little ones for me.
Awwww I am so sorry to hear this. Sending you a hugs.

All of your kind words, support, and hugs are immensely felt even if we’re distant. Thank you for that. ❤️ I’m still not doing good, but I find some comfort in updating you guys. While we may not personally know each other, we’ve all taken the commitment to show such a beautiful creature respect, love, and advocacy and i can’t think of a better reason to unite with people.

We’re still waiting on our sweet boy, the waiting is draining. Truly, i haven’t been able to eat and of course work has been going insane. (CPA; tax season) I feel like he’s out there alone and cold and I need to have him here at home where I can keep him warm. Looking at urns has also been hard, but somewhat oddly comforting knowing that my baby boy will be honored in the most special way I can think of. The necropsy results are going to take even longer, so that’s not helping but I’m hoping some type of closure will come when those return. Lastly, music therapy is underrated. Some of faves right now include:

My Little Love- Adele
Blue- Beyoncé
Yellow- Cold Play
You’ll Be In My Heart- Phil Collins

I hope everyone has had a beautiful week so far. 🥲

All of your kind words, support, and hugs are immensely felt even if we’re distant. Thank you for that. ❤️ I’m still not doing good, but I find some comfort in updating you guys. While we may not personally know each other, we’ve all taken the commitment to show such a beautiful creature respect, love, and advocacy and i can’t think of a better reason to unite with people.

We’re still waiting on our sweet boy, the waiting is draining. Truly, i haven’t been able to eat and of course work has been going insane. (CPA; tax season) I feel like he’s out there alone and cold and I need to have him here at home where I can keep him warm. Looking at urns has also been hard, but somewhat oddly comforting knowing that my baby boy will be honored in the most special way I can think of. The necropsy results are going to take even longer, so that’s not helping but I’m hoping some type of closure will come when those return. Lastly, music therapy is underrated. Some of faves right now include:

My Little Love- Adele
Blue- Beyoncé
Yellow- Cold Play

Awwwww we are here if you need anything or just to vent.

Loading Hug GIF by MOODMAN

My Little Love- Adele
Blue- Beyoncé
Yellow- Cold Play

if you ever need help with anything at all never be afraid to reach out. Thank you for taking the time to write such a heartfelt message while you’re going through this🥲❤️

Losing a much loved companion animal has a great impact upon us, and for many is similar to the loss of a family member or child. Take all the time you need to grieve and find ways to honor Aiko and his memory. I wish for you and your partner to find healing. Hugs to you both. (((💗)))

I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you all the love and virtual hugs. ❤️❤️❤️

You made a very special connection with a very special creature! He knew that too. You lost a family member and you are entitled to be a mess. You will be going thru the different stages of grieve. We all grieve differently. My heart is heavy with sadness for you, your partner, and your sweet boy. You did everything right and in your power to prevent this outcome soI hope you find some solace in that. Remember the love in your heart that you have for him as he will remember the love in his heart for you. Not even death can take that from you both.

Id say half my crew dies of kidney failure.

Top three causes based on 30 years experience:

Protein source. Just because they weigh a pound and can eat pinkies/earthworms like a snake just fine, doesnt mean it should be the main protein source. Feeding low protein sources such as bugs increased life expectancy by 50%.

Food for feeders. Do not feed the feeders "enhanced" feed. No Guinea pig or chicken dry chow, and no fish food pellets/flakes.

Over supplementing. The "all-in-one" powders with calcium/d3/vitamins/minerals are a no no. I ended up with a very light combo of stickytongue indoor for D3, and either zero vitamin/mineral powder (sticky sells a super vitamin gut load for feeders). Feeding the feeders the powder via a super gut load the night before. Or doing a powder once a month for adults, or every two weeks as recommended by this site if they are a growing lizard.

so so so sorry to hear this :( you were an incredible parent to him, and he knows that. forever in all our hearts ❤️

Hi. I too am so very sorry for all that you and your guy are going thru. The only thing I see in your husbandry is that there is no need to give him an additional multivitamin every week - the Repashy LoD is a combination multivitamin and D3 and you’re giving it correctly. While I don’t know if that would be enough to cause something like this, do let your vet know. Repashy multivitamins contain preformed vitamin A, which like the D3 is fat soluble.
I’m guessing one of the terms of what he has is rhabdomyolysis. That seems to me to be a strange thing for a chameleon to get. I can’t find anything specific about it to reptiles other than the second link. The first is related to humans.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4365849/#:~:text=Although rhabdomyolysis is most often,as neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS)
https://www.vin.com/apputil/content/defaultadv1.aspx?pId=26434&catId=162281&id=10109911
The cause may not be found, but in my basic medical knowledge (as a human nurse) it sounds like your vet is doing all he/she can. My heart goes out to you and your chameleon and you have my prayers for him to recover fully. 🙏 💗
I was about to ask, although it's been a while since posted, if they checked his CPK levels, because I get chronic rhabdomyolisis due to my thyroid. I've had CK levels topping out at appx 4,800 in the past, and I was just released from the hospital again with it. I will keep on reading the thread, though!

Back
Top Bottom