Keeping a baby

Campy

Can you keep a baby cham in a 2x2x4' cage? Or do you need to put him in a small one until he gets bigger

Definatly too large for a baby. Some argue the point with cup feeding, but those first few months are pretty crucial to get a good start - and climbing around 4 feet of cage looking for fruitflies is not exactly the best to get that start off on the right foot.

My little guy is creeping up on 3 months old and definatly not ready for his larger custom built 3x3x4 castle I have waitin for em.

Definatly too large for a baby. Some argue the point with cup feeding, but those first few months are pretty crucial to get a good start - and climbing around 4 feet of cage looking for fruitflies is not exactly the best to get that start off on the right foot.

My little guy is creeping up on 3 months old and definatly not ready for his larger custom built 3x3x4 castle I have waitin for em.

What is the argument with cup feeding? I have not heard the argument before.

I don't know if I've seen an argument about it, but I think the theory is you can keep a baby in a large enclosure if you cup feed. The cup with the food is always in the same place and they don't have to hunt around as much.

I personally prefer the free range method and letting the enclosure grow with the chams.

yeah start small and move your way up. 2x2x4 ft cage is way to large. I feel a cage roughly 1x1x2 with plenty of climbing space is sufficient for a baby up to about 2 and a half months old.

damnit . i dont have a cage for him now!!!! lol...

The one i used for the one who just died is now a bird cage :-s

Back
Top Bottom