Introducing Darwin (baby cham!)

Clementine

Here is Darwin, my 10–wk old baby Rainbow Jackson’s. Doing his (?) best stick impression. I just got this little one tonight - currently residing in a baby bin until we’re a bit bigger.

IMG_6929.jpeg
IMG_6931.jpeg

The sticks are big, looking for smaller ones. Hopefully the vines will work for now! I tried to give lots of options for being closer to and further from the UVB and the LED. I’ll also be lowering the intensity of the LED, because the Jungle Dawn is super bright. This is my first cham, and I’m open to feedback!

IMG_6935.jpeg

Oh he’s so cute! Just remember that babies are very delicate, no handling! Jackson’s are a very laid back kind of chameleon and require lots of leaf cover that they can hide in so they feel more secure. Live plants only, no fake plants. What are you feeding him? I hope you had some fruit flies on hand when you brought him home. Be careful with supplements because Jackson’s are sensitive to them. @JacksJill will have lots of great advice for you because she breeds these guys.

Oh he’s so cute! Just remember that babies are very delicate, no handling! Jackson’s are a very laid back kind of chameleon and require lots of leaf cover that they can hide in so they feel more secure. Live plants only, no fake plants. What are you feeding him? I hope you had some fruit flies on hand when you brought him home. Be careful with supplements because Jackson’s are sensitive to them. @JacksJill will have lots of great advice for you because she breeds these guys.
Thank you! He’s getting fruit flies 2x/day right now, and I’ll add in dubia nymphs and small crickets when he’s big enough to handle them. I’ve been talking with @JacksJill about supplements. I started on the recommendation from Chameleon Academy of Arcadia Earth Pro-A as the main supplement and Repashy LoD once monthly.

He has tons of live plants to hide in. I have trouble finding him in the morning, which I’ve heard is a good thing!

Here is Darwin, my 10–wk old baby Rainbow Jackson’s. Doing his (?) best stick impression. I just got this little one tonight - currently residing in a baby bin until we’re a bit bigger.

View attachment 353334View attachment 353333

The sticks are big, looking for smaller ones. Hopefully the vines will work for now! I tried to give lots of options for being closer to and further from the UVB and the LED. I’ll also be lowering the intensity of the LED, because the Jungle Dawn is super bright. This is my first cham, and I’m open to feedback!

View attachment 353336
Adorable! ☺️

Back
Top Bottom