juvenile veiled enclosure

jackschamnewbie

After examining the suggestions that were made to me I decided to introduce two baby veiled chameleons from an all glass aquarium to an 18x18x30 all screen reptibreeze.

There is a plexi glass sheet with holes drilled for drainage and a bare screen floor. The screen floor will be steam cleaned bi weekly and plant / chameleon waste will be removed daily.

I am trying to cup feed to prevent feeders from getting into the roots of the plants. I have 3 plants about to be rotated in a few days as I am waiting for the nutrients to be absorbed and the excess to be washed away. I was not sure about what kind of fertilizer to use so I obtained a very mild organic bat and worm and fish poo fertilizer with a nutrient range of 12-6-6.

There is an automated misting system set to fire for 3 minutes 4 times daily. The temperature gradient is between 67ambient and 81ºF at the hottest zone. I am using a 14w 18" t8(linear) reptisun uvb lamp and a 54W 2lamp t5ho with 10,000k and 5,000k bulbs. I am not sure if this is too much light but am assuming it is as the larger female closes an eye and sometimes both while basking at the top. I have provided plenty of shade in the event that they want to be warm or cool down and not be in direct light.

This morning I found a bug that should not have ever been introduced to this enclosure as I am fairly certain that they are toxic. I am not certain whether it is a centipede or a millipede but how bad would it be if this insect laid eggs that will hatch someday? I do not even know for certain which plant pot it came out of... here are pictures of the updated set up.

Please, if there is anything I might add or fix if you see any issues let me know.
I really do appreciate everyones help in improving the quality of these precious young chameleons live.

Really, thnks you evrybody

Attachments

• IMAG1251.jpg
    IMAG1251.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMAG1266.jpg
    IMAG1266.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMAG1254.jpg
    IMAG1254.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMAG1259.jpg